Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Ultimate
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to turn the ACC feature off/on? In the Driving menu under Settings, I have an option for Pilot Assist, and for Lane Keeping, but nothing about ACC. It is always on when I turn on Cruise Control. I can adjust the distance for it, but cant figure out how to turn it off. According to Volvo tech support, and one of the manuals, when Cruise Control is turned on, the left and right arrow buttons are supposed to change how it functions.....does this work for anyone else? My vehicle is the 2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Ultimate - is this a feature that I cannot change in this vehicle?

All Volvo tech support has done is point me to the manual, then tell me to contact my dealer, does anyone else have any insights into this function?

Thanks all...

· Registered
316 Posts
The left and right buttons used to do something. ACC is always on if cruise is on. The left and right buttons would switch lane keeping on and off, instead of only having the menu based lane keeping option. I am unaware of a traditional cruise control if the car is equiped with adaptive cruise (but I haven't looked through the manual to find out either).

· Registered
549 Posts
Just like in Tesla products, and many newer cars really, adaptive cruise is always on. This is a safety feature, when you think about it, so there is no real logic for them to allow you to disable it. You can turn off the Pilot Assist, as you saw, and you can also turn off lane-keep features and such. But you cannot disable the adaptive portion of the cruise contro.

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge (P8 - USA)
65 Posts
There is no "normal" cruise control in the 2021 Volvo XC40 PR8. My 2019 ICE had option to turn normal CC on or off, same with adaptive I believe and Pilot, so you could pick/choose what of the 3 options you had cycling the left hand button. I had normal CC off so I would only cycle Adaptive and Pilot Assist. There is no normal CC on 21 P8, only Adaptive, and sadly as we all know, you're either forced to have pilot assist always on or always off with the Adaptive CC (though can be turned off/on via many clicks in settings, so unfortunate to move it there).

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Ultimate
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I guess it's just me - every vehicle I have had with ACC had an option to turn it off or on. The Volvo manual could be a little clearer on this I think. I also started another thread about the Lane-Keeping / Pilot Assist, which I seemingly could not turn off. So it does turn off/on from the menu, but I do find from time to time even when off that the orange icon shows up on top of the dash and the car corrects the steering - its sporadic, but I guess thats a safety thing too...? I did notice when lane-keeping is turned on it is MUCH more consistent at keeping me in the middle of the road, but when turned off only sporadically does it make an adjustment to my steering. Just not used to all these things being permanently on with no option to disable. The times they are a-changin...... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.