Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Adaptive Cruise Control will be available as an aftermarket option for the XC40 recharge?
According to the website IntelliSafe Assist - XC60 2019 - Volvo Cars Accessories it seems like it is available in some models as a "software only" option....not sure about the XC40 Recharge though.
The "ultimate" trim level is not available for another 5 months (according to the dealer at least) so I am looking a ordering a Pure and having the ACC installed after the fact.

· Registered
2022 XC 40 Recharge Twin Plus, Denim Blue
48 Posts
Interesting. That article suggests that all 2021 models have ACC. I bought a 2022 Plus, because I couldn’t get my hands on an Ultimate level (which has ACC). So I’m in the same boat as Mhilberts. I would love to enable ACC, but haven’t seen an option to do so. VOLVO, if you’re reading this, you could make a decent amount of money AND improve safety by making it possible!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s on the 2021 Recharge

I Understand the recharge is sold in 2 trim levels: Pure and Ultimate. Adaptive cruise control is only available for the ultimate trim level. I so happens that the the Ultimate trim level doesn't seem to be available in the next couple of months....
Since the "pure" does have forward collision mitigation it may be that the "hardware" components are installed and that it's only software that is required to make ACC work/enable it. To be clear: I don't know if ACC would be a "software only" upgrade; I am merely trying to find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.