Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am planning to buy a new XC40 and i was wondering if there is a difference between the standard lights and the Active Bending Lights (ABL) from light power perspective.

I drove a test car and I wasn't impressed about the low beam. I want to know if the ABL light is better on straight road.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
190 Posts
I have the ABL but I can't compare them to standard because I've never driven one. I think you should try both if you're concerned about it. Volvo seems to strike somewhat of a balance between brightness and visibility, and not blinding oncoming drivers. The XC40 gets the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award, the "+" denoting it has among the best headlights available standard. In my opinion the XC40's low beams are fine, but the high beams leave something to be desired. No car yet has beat the brightness of the high beams on my trusty old 2012 VW Golf that had the active bending headlights... I still miss those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback!

Clearly the ABL is better but if the only thing it does is better light the curve does it worth 1000 $ extra?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The LED lights on the low beam suck on this car. The high beams are good. The ABL lights don't swivel as much as BMW lights do I would give these lights a 7 out of 10 for light performance..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts