Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

A bit scary to spend so much money, but I did it and ordered a pretty complete XC40 T5 R-design Introduction Luxury edition. Now I hope I will be happy with it. I love the simple stylish design and the interior quality, at least from the pics. The only worry I have is the engine with the 8 speed automatic transmission, it is not all great what I read about it. Any experience with this engine from any of you form other recent Volvos?

Cheers
Han

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car!

I hope you will like your XC40 and share some pics when it arrives. Unfortunately, I didn't have any experience with that engine, however, I've never read anything bad about it. What did you find about it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that the engine is not as smooth as from BMW etc and that especially the gearbox behaves a bit stottery. Also, it was said that the engine sounds a bit weird in higher RPMs. So I know it is not a sportscar (and I also did not buy it for that reason), but I hope it won't be too bad, the T5 in combi with the 8 speed automatic gearbox...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, that the engine is not as smooth as from BMW etc and that especially the gearbox behaves a bit stottery. Also, it was said that the engine sounds a bit weird in higher RPMs. So I know it is not a sportscar (and I also did not buy it for that reason), but I hope it won't be too bad, the T5 in combi with the 8 speed automatic gearbox...
What will help is if you drive what competing brands are offering, that way you can really see where the XC40 stands, which can either make or break it. If you do go down that route then please keep us posted, always prefer to hear from real owners.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Will do, but you'll have to wait. I will get the car in March/April
During that time you might want to follow up with your dealer on when demo's will arrive. i have heard of situations where demos have shown up a month or two before the initial batch of deliveries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts