Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Watching Mach-E video today and they were complaining how the push button doors don’t always unlock or pop open. And the bouncy ride on bumps.

Reactions: SeattleCat

·
Registered
10 Posts
I often look at postings on this and other forums to gain some additional insight or knowledge about the car. It has recently dawned on me that about 25% of the entire number of posts come from three people.

And, 1/3 of all posts deal with the VOC, which is not even considered a working app at this time.

If asked about this car, I would state it is a great drive, great handling, and cutting edge electronics. The app is not working and there are multiple reported issues with AAOS and the display. The AC problems appear resolved with the software updates and almost all other issues are common with new first generation cars (tire availability). I would state that the electronic issues are not full understood and resolved, but there appears to be steady improvement in the quantity of electronic glitches.

Regarding the ride, fit and finish, I consider it excellent. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever used. The ride instills confidence and safety.

For any first time or early reader of this forum, the volume of postings may not reflect the true incidence of problems. A single angry customer speaks louder than a hundred satisfied purchasers.

It is important to be cognizant that this car is the first iteration of the future Volvo electric cars. It will be supported and the ,(many),early glitches and issues will hopefully be resolved.
Have to disagree a little here. Yes, early adopters of Volvo EVs should expect some glitches. However, when I picked up my P8, I was handed a list of features that Volvo marketed heavily when I was a potential buyer but failed to deliver after the sale was made. And, secondly, early adopters deserve to be kept in the loop about the status of issues, problems, fixes, etc., but Volvo is incredibly bad at customer communication.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Have to disagree a little here. Yes, early adopters of Volvo EVs should expect some glitches. However, when I picked up my P8, I was handed a list of features that Volvo marketed heavily when I was a potential buyer but failed to deliver after the sale was made. And, secondly, early adopters deserve to be kept in the loop about the status of issues, problems, fixes, etc., but Volvo is incredibly bad at customer communication.
Not sure I agree. Have we gotten to a point where a car company is not expected to release a quality product? Volvo made the decision to switch OS and that is a big part of their issues. They use Sensus in their plugin hybrids and they could have done that for the P8. They decided to rush to market with an unproven OS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, ngl, this forum has scared me a lot. I crossed off the XC40 when the range was announced, but decided to test drive it recently and fell in love. I was hoping most of the glitches are gone, but it seems like they are struggling to push their first OTA?

There are 2 issues that terrify me at the moment, the brake issue, and the displays constantly crashing.

Currently I have a deposit on the C40, but I'm still deciding between this car, model Y, and Q4 E-tron.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah, ngl, this forum has scared me a lot. I crossed off the XC40 when the range was announced, but decided to test drive it recently and fell in love. I was hoping most of the glitches are gone, but it seems like they are struggling to push their first OTA?

There are 2 issues that terrify me at the moment, the brake issue, and the displays constantly crashing.

Currently I have a deposit on the C40, but I'm still deciding between this car, model Y, and Q4 E-tron.
It does seem like Volvo is aware of both and working the issues. My car has been with dealer for 3 days as dealer is working with Volvo on both my IHU issues and brakes. I am not happy to be without the car, but if they get it resolved I will be good. The range scared me at first, but honesty the way we drive I go days without charging. Our plan is to get another EV in 2ish years.

My biggest issue is really how Volvo rushed this out with an unfinished OS, yeah it has potential, but my worry is it will them 1-2 years to get it as stable as Senses is after they spent the last few years maturing the current OS. The car does ride Greta and we are looking to get past this stuff and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
974 Posts

I think the rusting brake issue is common to many evs ( what does Tesla do?)

The display crashing is faulty hardware in a small (it seems) percentage of people’s cars. It is not a large number of people complaining about it it is a small number being appropriately irritated. However Volvo is learning that it is a problem and hopefully they will rapidly replace any faulty IHU and recall the faulty units if they are all from the same batch/manufacture/someway of identifying them before failure.

I love my car and would re buy one but I have not had the problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the rusting brake issue is common to many evs ( what does Tesla do?)

The display crashing is faulty hardware in a small (it seems) percentage of people’s cars. It is not a large number of people complaining about it it is a small number being appropriately irritated. However Volvo is learning that it is a problem and hopefully they will rapidly replace any faulty IHU and recall the faulty units if they are all from the same batch/manufacture/someway of identifying them before failure.

I love my car and would re buy one but I have not had the problems.
I think Tesla uses a different material/coating that's more resistant. Bjorn did mention having issues, but my neighbor has noticed that his Miata rotors have more rust or rusts quicker than his Tesla.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think Tesla uses a different material/coating that's more resistant. Bjorn did mention having issues, but my neighbor has noticed that his Miata rotors have more rust or rusts quicker than his Tesla.
I wonder if we can upgrade later?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Alas the car does not come with a replicator unit. Be nice if it did.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts