Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts

Visit their web site (see link above). Play around on the web browser, where there is easier access to the Support pages, and explore. Create a user account, test out a few routes, etc. There are also some good YouTube videos by 3rd party users that show some of the features. From there, migrating to the app on your phone/etc is easier; the web browser is the first place to go to learn (IMO) and get the basics down.

FWIW -- there are other sites/apps that work great, too. Personally, I actually like the built in route planning in PlugShare. And, with the latest update in the XC40 ... I think just setting yourself to use just EA chargers and driving you'll usually find that is all you need. EA chargers are robust enough in most parts of the USA that you can just let the car do the math for you. :)

· Registered
4,153 Posts
Launched ABRP today and it wanted access to BT so it can get real time data from the car!

Nifty. I wonder what it will be getting. I wonder what dara an app has access to.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
309 Posts
I really like ABRP, but Volvo doesn’t want to give them access to the battery data as Polestar has, for now (see their Blog). So, it’s of limited use to us at present. I don’t necessarily see the mapping taking over from Google maps, but the ability to provide real-time consumption and range, incorporating wind, speed, gradients and so on is quite something. I bought an annual subscription to try out the enhanced features, and remain optimistic that being sensible Swedes, they’ll sort things out.

· Registered
445 Posts
ABRP is for the over all planning. Google is for getting to the next charge station. That’s how I do it.
But wouldn't it be nice if there was one tool that does both. In addition it would ideally be able to give you availability data for all the charging networks and manage plug and charge payments and history.

Oh well, I guess there's always an alternate universe.

· Registered
XC40 Recharge Twin
202 Posts
I use ABRP to plan out the trip out and then the Google trip planner in the car to go from destination to destination while driving. You can play with the consumption (kWh/100km or 100mi) depending on what you have experienced. It helps if you keep track of your consumption on other trips with various weather conditions/temperatures to plug into ABRP so it will take into account where you need to charge.

· Registered
4,153 Posts
I would love to have ABRP installed. Been asking / wanting it since I got the car. Makes me cranky polestar has it but we don’t.

So I hear you in wanting it. Also to have ABRP build its mileage model on how I drive vs just the car make would be excellent.

Did google pay volvo to make it the only map app? Pure conjecture. Google pay anyone. Sorry that was a mind fart.

· Registered
465 Posts
I would love to have ABRP installed. Been asking / wanting it since I got the car. Makes me cranky polestar has it but we don’t.

So I hear you in wanting it. Also to have ABRP build its mileage model on how I drive vs just the car make would be excellent.

Did google pay volvo to make it the only map app? Pure conjecture. Google pay anyone. Sorry that was a mind fart.
Pretty sure SYGIC or whatever it's called is available...

· Registered
280 Posts
I tried Sygic When it first appeared in the play store. It has a clunky interface, poor visuals, and crashed the IHU constantly.

As far as I could tell, it doesn't offer anything that Google Maps already provides in a better way. Oh, and it requires a subscription.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.