Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership just called today and told me that my car will be ready for delivery tomorrow (Friday). I am so excited! However, I have 750 mile (one way) trip planned from Charleston, SC to Pennsylvania the very next day..(Saturday). Are there any tips, tricks, or techniques that will help make this a smooth trip? Or am I just crazy to attempt this on second day of ownership? I have already downloaded ABRP and PlugShare. Please feel free to drop any information or input that you have!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
And look at their stations ahead of time and try and plan where you will stop. Find one that has a lot of charging ports as 1 or 2 may be acting up. If you watch the OutOfSpec reviews YT Channel he did cross country, plan ahead and charge to 80% to save time

Reactions: kts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And look at their stations ahead of time and try and plan where you will stop. Find one that has a lot of charging ports as 1 or 2 may be acting up. If you watch the OutOfSpec reviews YT Channel he did cross country, plan ahead and charge to 80% to save time

I actually watched this video the other day! It didn't seem too bad.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My guess is where you are headed won't be bad. The are big parts of South and Southeast where good L2 chargers are hard to come by, partly why I had my P8 shipped to me.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Be aware that checking a charge station ahead of time is not enough. Sometimes it says they are working when all 4 are dead.

Just happened at Midnight on my Do crescent city ca to Seattle in a day trip. So … make sure you have some buffer in your charge (which I did ) second station I went to also failed first time … could of retried one or two more stations (lots where I am) then I would of been screwed.

so glad this did not happen at the stations where they are the only ones within 60% charge … what so you do then? Get towed?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Let’s hope the charging companies get their act together as that will be a true hurdle to mass EV adoption. If gas pumps were this unreliable….

1 - 10 of 10 Posts