Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I was going over some recent news on the new MY23 XC40 Recharge and noticed in Australia they are advertising a 317-mile range (510km) for the single motor version and 280-mile range (450km) for the twin motor variant (WLTP). I know the actual mile range might vary due to different circumstances, like how you drive, the topology of the terrain, and temperature...but I was wondering what could be that the range there is so different? Even in Costa Rica where we have warm temps all year-round the range is so much less...252 miles (407km) and 260 miles (418km) for single & twin motors.

Could this be due to something else? Thoughts?

Font Circle Number Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WLTP is notoriously unrealistic for most people's driving habits. US EPA range is generally more realistic. Different countries use different measurement standards (speeds, etc) for EV range.
Oh yeah, I'm totally aware of that...was curious though because the difference is notable for Australia and for the single-motor version only!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh that makes sense @Greg S , good to know! Guess with all the different ways of measuring EV efficiency some car manufacturers go the extra mile, not to provide their customers with a more accurate/effective range, but to stand out from the competition 😅

1 - 4 of 4 Posts