Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A solid article from Kelley Blue Book estimate on the upcoming 2023 Volvo C40 for your review and reading pleasure. Enjoy!

The all-electric 2023 Volvo C40 Recharge small luxury SUV adds an extra degree of style with its sloping roofline. Prices start at $55,300.
Urbanites seeking high-class, zero-emissions personal transport that doesn’t have a whiff of “school run” or “soccer mom” about it should pay serious attention to the Volvo C40 Recharge. It packs a powerful punch along with a distinct visual impact. And comes with a vegan-friendly interior.

Don’t agree with the statement of school run or soccer mom. My son and daughter and their friends absolutely love my 2022 C40 and being a dad of twin boy and a girl, I chauffeur these kiddoes around to school, after school activities and outdoors!

I’d love to hear the good, bad and uglies of your buying experience for the C40 2023. Looks like you can order online but still have to settle final pricing and delivery through your local dealer. A good choice of trims, colors and specs definitely seem like a shift into the futuristic Volvo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’d love to hear the good, bad and uglies of your buying experience for the C40 2023. Looks like you can order online but still have to settle final pricing and delivery through your local dealer. A good choice of trims, colors and specs definitely seem like a shift into the futuristic Volvo.
From what I read online the MY22 vs MY23 differences are insignificant. Biggest change is with the XC40 Recharge. Admittedly I have deposits for both the C40 and XC40 right now, but I prefer the color options of the C40 (fusion red) and uniqueness of the car. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet in my area, and I live in an area popular for EVs.

Ordering experience was a breeze. Went into local dealership, got an understanding of how many pre-allocated vehicles they have vs what will be built afterwards, talked about price (MSRP), put down a deposit, and that was it!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I read online the MY22 vs MY23 differences are insignificant. Biggest change is with the XC40 Recharge. Admittedly I have deposits for both the C40 and XC40 right now, but I prefer the color options of the C40 (fusion red) and uniqueness of the car. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet in my area, and I live in an area popular for EVs.

Ordering experience was a breeze. Went into local dealership, got an understanding of how many pre-allocated vehicles they have vs what will be built afterwards, talked about price (MSRP), put down a deposit, and that was it!
How long did they say it would take for them to build and deliver to you? All the best for your wait. The C40 is the best of breed Volvos!

·
Registered
12 Posts
A solid article from Kelley Blue Book estimate on the upcoming 2023 Volvo C40 for your review and reading pleasure. Enjoy!

The all-electric 2023 Volvo C40 Recharge small luxury SUV adds an extra degree of style with its sloping roofline. Prices start at $55,300.
Urbanites seeking high-class, zero-emissions personal transport that doesn’t have a whiff of “school run” or “soccer mom” about it should pay serious attention to the Volvo C40 Recharge. It packs a powerful punch along with a distinct visual impact. And comes with a vegan-friendly interior.

Don’t agree with the statement of school run or soccer mom. My son and daughter and their friends absolutely love my 2022 C40 and being a dad of twin boy and a girl, I chauffeur these kiddoes around to school, after school activities and outdoors!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to when my C40 is delivered. One minor quibble - I sure wish you could get leather. I don’t buy their vegan friendly rhetoric given you can get a wool interior which is clearly not vegan friendly as it’s an animal product!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to when my C40 is delivered. One minor quibble - I sure wish you could get leather. I don’t buy their vegan friendly rhetoric given you can get a wool interior which is clearly not vegan friendly as it’s an animal product!
Uhhhh... you don't kill the sheep for wool. The C40 interior is not vegan (it has animal by product of some sort) but it is leather free.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like the smell of leather, but having owned leather interior, leather FACED interior, and synthetic interior, I honestly prefer a synthetic suede type material, ventilated. That last is my quibble...no vented seats at $60k USD is a major sin. Same for not having HUD, but I can live without the HUD even though it's an awesome safety feature and I have no clue why Volvo wants me looking away from the road...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are welcome. Not sure why Volvo threw in a wool interior for their 2023 C40. It’s a great car nonetheless and I am sure you’ll be happy with it. From all the car reviews I have read from the experts and such - it’s a solid investment and most people overlook the C40 - due to their legacy investments in the Big 3 automakers like Ford, GM, Chrysler and the popular German brands like BMW, Audi, Mercedes! Volvo has built a luxurious niche for their EV portfolio and I have a good feeling that their next generation All EV XC90 (Embla) is going to kick fire! 🔥

·
Registered
12 Posts
Uhhhh... you don't kill the sheep for wool. The C40 interior is not vegan (it has animal by product of some sort) but it is leather free.
Yep - that’s right! You don’t. However they chose to use the marketing terms vegan friendly, which it’s not (milk and honey are also not vegan even though you don’t kill the cows or bees). They should have said cruelty free or some other terminology. They chose that for marketing purposes but it’s inaccurate.
I’m just saying if you’re going to take away a popular option at least be honest / accurate about it. I don’t know the real reason behind their choice to exclude leather but it’s not to appeal to vegans or make it vegan friendly - if that was truly their intent and they did seconds of research they wouldn’t have included the wool.
Like I said minor quibble, but their statement is inaccurate and I miss the leather :).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the smell of leather, but having owned leather interior, leather FACED interior, and synthetic interior, I honestly prefer a synthetic suede type material, ventilated. That last is my quibble...no vented seats at $60k USD is a major sin. Same for not having HUD, but I can live without the HUD even though it's an awesome safety feature and I have no clue why Volvo wants me looking away from the road...
Yeah I will miss the ventilated seats too. You can get them in the Polestar… if you spring for the leather for 4K (which I had before I cancelled my order for the C40).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yep - that’s right! You don’t. However they chose to use the marketing terms vegan friendly, which it’s not (milk and honey are also not vegan even though you don’t kill the cows or bees). They should have said cruelty free or some other terminology. They chose that for marketing purposes but it’s inaccurate.
I’m just saying if you’re going to take away a popular option at least be honest / accurate about it. I don’t know the real reason behind their choice to exclude leather but it’s not to appeal to vegans or make it vegan friendly - if that was truly their intent and they did seconds of research they wouldn’t have included the wool.
Like I said minor quibble, but their statement is inaccurate and I miss the leather :).
Actually, Volvo's marketing materials for C40 does not say "vegan" anywhere. They say "leather-free." It is the media and reviewers that keep saying vegan this and vegan that.

Listen to Tom Voelk's review, one of the best and accurate reviewers out there:

·
Registered
58 Posts

For example, Nordico, a new interior material created by Volvo Cars will consist of textiles made from recycled material such as PET bottles, bio-attributed material from sustainable forests in Sweden and Finland, and corks recycled from the wine industry – setting a new standard for premium interior design. This material will make its debut in the next generation of Volvo models.

Volvo Cars will also continue to offer wool blend options from suppliers that are certified to source responsibly, as the company looks to ensure full traceability and animal welfare in its wool supply chain.

“Being a progressive car maker means we need to address all areas of sustainability, not just CO2 emissions,” said Stuart Templar, director of global sustainability at Volvo Cars. “Responsible sourcing is an important part of that work, including respect for animal welfare. Going leather-free inside our pure electric cars is a good next step towards addressing this issue.”

Volvo Cars is also looking to reduce the use of residual products from livestock production commonly used within or in the production of plastics, rubber, lubricants and adhesives, either as part of the material or as a process chemical in the material’s production or treatment.

The company takes this step because it believes that while going leather-free is a step in the right direction, doing so alone does not make a car interior vegan.

By aiming to actively replace these materials as much as possible, Volvo Cars takes a strong and ethical position to do what it can to help stop animal harm, by contributing to a reduced demand for these materials containing animal products.

“Finding products and materials that support animal welfare will be challenging, but that is no reason to avoid this important issue,” said Stuart Templar. “This is a journey worth taking. Having a truly progressive and sustainable mindset means we need to ask ourselves difficult questions and actively try and find answers.”

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, Volvo's marketing materials for C40 does not say "vegan" anywhere. They say "leather-free." It is the media and reviewers that keep saying vegan this and vegan that.

Listen to Tom Voelk's review, one of the best and accurate reviewers out there:
Oh my god you’re right that’s so crazy! I went back and looked again a and I couldn’t find it Volvo’s literature but it is everywhere in reviewers, media, Reddit posts, even vegan sites!
I’m stunned that the media would take that information and interpret it to mean something else and then report on it everywhere! 😆

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heads Up! 🙂☝…Well look no further! Volvo Embla has the HUD coming in the all new EV XC90!

To match the new luxury flagship label, Volvo will equip the Embla's interior with natural and sustainable materials, with a design approach described as "minimalist Scandinavian chic." On the Recharge Concept, a 15-inch touchscreen stretches across the dashboard, with a configurable digital instrument cluster and head-up display in front of the driver. The new purpose-built EV platform opens up the cabin to more passenger and cargo space than current Volvo offerings, and we expect it to feel even more voluminous with a large glass roof feature or option.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heads Up! 🙂☝…Well look no further! Volvo Embla has the HUD capabilities coming in the all new EV XC90!

To match the new luxury flagship label, Volvo will equip the Embla's interior with natural and sustainable materials, with a design approach described as "minimalist Scandinavian chic." On the Recharge Concept, a 15-inch touchscreen stretches across the dashboard, with a configurable digital instrument cluster and head-up display in front of the driver. The new purpose-built EV platform opens up the cabin to more passenger and cargo space than current Volvo offerings, and we expect it to feel even more voluminous with a large glass roof feature or option.
And if it’s in an affordable price range hoping below 80K, this may likely be my next EV!
We expect most of Volvo's future EV.

production to come out of Ridgeville, South Carolina, where this will likely be built, as well. Volvo previously suggested we'd see a production model based on the Recharge concept by the end of 2022, so more details on the new Embla should become available very soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Heads Up! 🙂☝…Well look no further! Volvo Embla has the HUD coming in the all new EV XC90!

If it looks anything like the concept, I'd give up HUD/Vented seats not to be seen in that.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

The late 2009's GM wants their stolen designs back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts