Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,134 Posts
Hi Australian media in several publications
2023 Volvo XC40 price and specs: Facelift due soon
are out and the pixel led lights are back in but only on the ultimate twin.
It doesn't seem to mention the black roof anywhere I could see...but some of the pics they show the black roof on the EV, but one without it...hmm...maybe it'll be on the Recharge Twin only? I haven't checked the Volvo Cars AUS website lately to see if they've updated things accordingly. Must do that now!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't seem to mention the black roof anywhere I could see...but some of the pics they show the black roof on the EV, but one without it...hmm...maybe it'll be on the Recharge Twin only? I haven't checked the Volvo Cars AUS website lately to see if they've updated things accordingly. Must do that now!
The roof is still black of you look at the pictures of the cars with the filled in grill so i assume its still black.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The roof is still black of you look at the pictures of the cars with the filled in grill so i assume its still black.
The reason I was unsure, and am still not 100% sure, is some of the EVs in the pics in that article don't have a black roof (see below for example). It may only be the ultimate that gets the black roof? Or maybe some colours don't get the black roof? Or maybe the article grabbed pics from the Volvo Corporate website, and it's not reflective of the AUS spec cars. Just looked at the AUS website and when you configure a base FWD EV, it still shows it with a black roof...may have something to do with our cars coming out of China vs. many other markets getting them from Belgium...maybe the Belgium paint shop cracked the sads and said no more 2-tone cars! I recently watched a YouTube video of the production of the new VW iD Buzz...it showed how labour intensive it is to mask the roof and do the 2-tone paint jobs. I remember it was always something the Holden styling folks wanted but our plant always pushed back on it. It may have happened in very low volumes for some HSV special cars, but I can't recall.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
509 Posts
I saw a ‘23 available in the US in silver dawn and it had body color roof, but a white ‘23 had a black roof. I’m assuming it depends on the body color of its black roof or not. These were visual representations and not actual pictures of the vehicle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw a ‘23 available in the US in silver dawn and it had body color roof, but a white ‘23 had a black roof. I’m assuming it depends on the body color of its black roof or not. These were visual representations and not actual pictures of the vehicle.
Maybe the contrasting roof is on only a few different colours Or maybe different markets as suggested. I’ll be confirming with dealer once they confirm specs on my order, hopefully soon I’ll try and comeback with an answer then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe the contrasting roof is on only a few different colours Or maybe different markets as suggested. I’ll be confirming with dealer once they confirm specs on my order, hopefully soon I’ll try and comeback with an answer then.
The black roof is available in all colors but Silver Dawn...is the only one that doesn't come with a contrasting roof for MY23.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Good luck with your order! We have had a few minor issues with the car - roof shark fin antenna gasket was not stuck down properly so they replaced that, driver's seat heater didn't work so they fixed that, and rear brake pads stuck to rotors - taking in for that issue next week. Otherwise the usual connectivity issues early on that seem to have been mostly resolved with the latest software updates. In fact we just did a trip up from Daylesford to Canberra and back and I think we never lost connection once, so that was great.
Wheel Car Sky Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ll be confirming with dealer once they confirm specs on my order, hopefully soon I’ll try and comeback with an answer then.
I’ve also got a ‘23 Recharge Twin Ultimate on order for October delivery, the dealer called yesterday to let me know delivery is still on track. I asked about whether the pixel lights had been removed and they said yes, as well as saying they “didn’t understand why people wanted the new ones, because the current lights are already nice and bright” lol so I wouldn’t assume they have much knowledge on the issue. Hope your dealership has more info for you!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I’ve also got a ‘23 Recharge Twin Ultimate on order for October delivery, the dealer called yesterday to let me know delivery is still on track. I asked about whether the pixel lights had been removed and they said yes, as well as saying they “didn’t understand why people wanted the new ones, because the current lights are already nice and bright” lol so I wouldn’t assume they have much knowledge on the issue. Hope your dealership has more info for you!
The pixel LEDs would be nice as they shouldn't blind oncoming drivers as much as the current lights. We get flashed a lot on our rural roads around here even though the high beams are off. I'm going to ask the dealer to check the headlight alignment when we take the car in for the rear brake issue next week, but I doubt if they will do anything. We'll see!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good luck with your order! We have had a few minor issues with the car - roof shark fin antenna gasket was not stuck down properly so they replaced that, driver's seat heater didn't work so they fixed that, and rear brake pads stuck to rotors - taking in for that issue next week. Otherwise the usual connectivity issues early on that seem to have been mostly resolved with the latest software updates. In fact we just did a trip up from Daylesford to Canberra and back and I think we never lost connection once, so that was great.
View attachment 4124
My dealer hasn’t rang since I signed the paperwork early april. When did you order? Are they still saying sep delivery but write October on paperwork?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think I replied to wrong post opps sorry Greg. Anyways my dealer hasn’t rang since I signed paper work. I did call Volvo Australia to ask for an update so I can get finance organised early enough but were not all that helpful would not tell me when Australia was even scheduled to start production of the 2023 Au cars. They bumped me back to the local dealer who rang and told me to call them for updates as Volvo Australia doesn’t have access to the information With no update? This was around two weeks ago. When did you order yours? I ordered early April. Are they still saying sep delivery with October on contract?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Think I replied to wrong post opps sorry Greg. Anyways my dealer hasn’t rang since I signed paper work. I did call Volvo Australia to ask for an update so I can get finance organised early enough but were not all that helpful would not tell me when Australia was even scheduled to start production of the 2023 Au cars. They bumped me back to the local dealer who rang and told me to call them for updates as Volvo Australia doesn’t have access to the information With no update? This was around two weeks ago. When did you order yours? I ordered early April. Are they still saying sep delivery with October on contract?
I guess all you can do is keep on the phone to the dealer. We ordered ours back in June or July of 2021 when the ordering went live so we got in very early. We picked up the car in late September, but it had arrived in the country in early September. Delivery was delayed due to the Melbourne lockdowns. The dealership was basically shut and all personnel were working from home. It was a struggle to pick up the car as we were unsure whether it was a valid reason to leave the home, but the dealer sales manager told us they were allowed to do "click and collect" which basically meant the car was out in front of the dealer when we arrived and they handed us the keys, a bottle of champagne and an umbrella LOL!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess all you can do is keep on the phone to the dealer. We ordered ours back in June or July of 2021 when the ordering went live so we got in very early. We picked up the car in late September, but it had arrived in the country in early September. Delivery was delayed due to the Melbourne lockdowns. The dealership was basically shut and all personnel were working from home. It was a struggle to pick up the car as we were unsure whether it was a valid reason to leave the home, but the dealer sales manager told us they were allowed to do "click and collect" which basically meant the car was out in front of the dealer when we arrived and they handed us the keys, a bottle of champagne and an umbrella LOL!
Classy sounds like its all ok. Sorry to hear about the brakes sticking. Are they going to change the pad type so they don’t stick?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Classy sounds like its all ok. Sorry to hear about the brakes sticking. Are they going to change the pad type so they don’t stick?
Well I told the dealer there's a service bulletin about sticky brake pads on the EV, so hopefully they'll look it up, and hopefully they'll have the correct new formulation pads in stock. We'll see. I'll take a copy of the service bulletin number in so they can look it up. You know they don't really listen when U call to make an appt as it's just some clerical person I think. I tried to explain myself when I asked whether they have new pads and rotors in stock, and they said of course...I then mentioned reformulated pad material and they repeated something totally non-sensical back, so I had to re-state "reformulated pad". We'll see what happens LOL! I actually despise taking my car in to a dealer, because I have bad memories of previous new car warranty service (not on Volvos, although my parents had plenty of fun with their Volvos over the past decades!) Seems like when I used to take my cars in for warranty work, they would either come back with grease all over the seats and door trims, or "no problem found" to my issue, then as soon as I got in the car the problem would be immediately obvious to me. Hence I have in the past 20 years bought used cars out of warranty and done all service and maintenance myself (at least I can blame myself for mistakes LOL)

With this brake issue, at least they should be able to inspect the pads and see that there has been material transfer from the pad to the rotor. They're no longer making the thump-thump-thump noise or vibrating if you hit the pedal hard, but they will definitely have to replace at least the pads. The rotors look OK on the outside, but you can't see the inside surface due to the splash shield.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts