Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
pdeangel,

Hopefully there will be a non-recharge 2022 XC40. :) There was a time when Volvo had stated that they would stop making ICE Volvos by 2019. Well, we just bought a 2020 XC40 in 2020. Now I hear the deadline is 2030, but that is supposed to be a phase out. So, many models might stop being made up until 2030 and then all Volvos will be electric or hybrid:

In case that link above does not work, just pop this into your favorite search engine "volvo to stop making gas only cars"

I hope that is wrong, since I planned on keeping this car for longer than 9 more years. Only 7K miles on it now. :) I don't look forward to another car payment again. I guess I better start setting aside the money now for what an XC40 Recharge will cost me in the year 2030. Assuming I even want a Volvo by then. LOL!!

QUOTE="pdeangel, post: 19680, member: 4121"]
Anyone have any insider info on when non recharge 2022 XC40s might be at dealers? We are pretty set on an XC40 but are wondering if we should wait for the 2022s
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew Volvo was planning on phasing out their gas vehicles. And while I do want to jump on the EV bandwagon, my wife and I aren't quite ready. Plus the range of the XC40 Recharge isn't appealing and neither is the price. But I can't imagine that Volvo would just stop manufacturing a model that is likely a pretty good seller for them without some sort of advanced warning. Seems like it would be a poor business decision. Either way, I hope they don't because with stock so low currently, that would suck for us trying to buy one haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts