Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
New here and proud owner of a new 2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate P8. So far loving the vehicle. Unfortunately today experiencing my first issues. No internet via the built-in cellular network. Also turned on the on board Wi-Fi and it just continues searching for a WI-FI network.
No first I researched everything I could on the net for a resolution. Home reset button, front defrost button. Turned on and off all services. Nothing. So here I am inquiring if anyone else has had these issues and if anyone has found any fixes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks All.

· Registered
786 Posts
Hi Folks,
New here and proud owner of a new 2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate P8. So far loving the vehicle. Unfortunately today experiencing my first issues. No internet via the built-in cellular network. Also turned on the on board Wi-Fi and it just continues searching for a WI-FI network.
No first I researched everything I could on the net for a resolution. Home reset button, front defrost button. Turned on and off all services. Nothing. So here I am inquiring if anyone else has had these issues and if anyone has found any fixes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks All.
Sometimes it just takes an overnight rest of the car with it locked and then it resets and could be fine. I find that a Re-boot usually works to get the Wifi and LTE to re-connect - which if you push and hold the home button for up to a minute (beyond screen clean message) for the re-boot.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I'll definitely try the home button again. I did read a couple of post where people had to hold the defrost button for well over the 30 second mark to reset the modem. Overall I think the overnight lockup will hopefully work. Appreciate the information.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi Folks,
Have you tried pushing the Volvo on call button, They answer quickly and are very helpful and have solved most of my problems. I have lost internet a few times in the beginning, but not recently. I assume your car has all the recent updates?

· Registered
173 Posts
@TeganNB . If your front defrost button does nothing by way of resting the TCAM module, check your charging screen. Is it set for 6 amps with the ability to change this number greyed out? If so, I have had the same and it rectified itself after a week. Nothing I could do made any difference including pulling the fuses for the IHU and TCAM. Good news, it fixed itself after a week, bad news, the dealer could find nothing wrong.

· Registered
4 Posts
@TeganNB . If your front defrost button does nothing by way of resting the TCAM module, check your charging screen. Is it set for 6 amps with the ability to change this number greyed out? If so, I have had the same and it rectified itself after a week. Nothing I could do made any difference including pulling the fuses for the IHU and TCAM. Good news, it fixed itself after a week, bad news, the dealer could find nothing wrong.
Wow. Yes. 6amp grey out. Exactly as you describe. No ideas on what to do? The front defrost doesn't seem to do anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.