·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated today: msn now shows two trim levels for 2022 with US pricing:

Plus (base) $55,300
Ultimate $58,150

I wonder if they are moving away from customizable options to increase production speed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They are predicting chip shortages are going to impact production. I suspect that they looked at what sold and are building what they can.

With regards to all models, they have already stated that they expect to sell only about the same number of cars as they did in the second half of last year because they have sold the majority of their available inventory.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Makes sense I have seen some really weird configs out there. Some dealers have cars with several options, but no Advance package which makes no sense. I do believe the Protection, and rear spoiler were dealer/port adds already. Makes it easier, build them one way and make wheels the only real option and spoiler.protection dealer options. Wonder is ultimate has the HK, not that it is worth $800.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Autoblog has some preliminary trim info up. It doesn't get into trim differences vey much.
  • Looks like 20" wheels will be standard on Ultimate.
  • Cold weather package is listed as an optional package for the Plus but not the Ultimate - so maybe it'll be included?
  • Cold weather package now INCLUDES the heat pump (which is reflected in the price).

I couldn't glean much else. Still waiting for the Volvo site to update to 2022.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sounds like they are following the C40 lead, 1 loaded, one not and a few options for the lower trim to handle regional needs. Best way for them to maximize profits and keep costs down on a low volume car. EU gets so many more options and packages like full leather and no nubuck junk. I believe they get a HUD as well in some countries.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like they are following the C40 lead, 1 loaded, one not and a few options for the lower trim to handle regional needs. Best way for them to maximize profits and keep costs down on a low volume car. EU gets so many more options and packages like full leather and no nubuck junk. I believe they get a HUD as well in some countries.
HUD is actually what we wanted the most when we test drove the '21; it's a shame they didn't have it. It's also super surprising for this brand and this price point that the brake and rear signal lights aren't LEDs; wonder if that'll change for '22.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Huh, the brake and signals are not LED, darn, did not notice that, shocking.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge: What’s New
Introduced last year as the XC40 Recharge P8, this subcompact electric SUV is now known as the XC40 Recharge Twin. It gains standard equipment, including a 360-degree-view parking camera system and 12-volt outlet in the cargo area. A four-year subscription to connectivity functions for the Android infotainment system, such as apps, built-in navigation, and a digital assistant, is now included. The XC40 Recharge loses its standard rear door power child locks and storage box underneath the driver's seat. A heated steering wheel is now included with the Climate package. Bright Bursting Blue paint is no longer offered.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wow, Bursting Blue not available on the 22 P8, bummer, was probably the best color in their lineup, now they have red and the rest are all rather muted.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The blue was nice, but Thunder Gray is my favorite. So NBD for me. But I'd really love to have yellow, orange, or a more saturated green.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I almost got Thunder Grey, but not seeing it in person made it hard. I wanted a color that popped.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yeah, none of the photos I saw looked appealing. The issue with the Volvo colors is they are so muted that if the lighting is not right when someone take a pic their camera phone does not adjust white balance well and it skews the picture color too much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts