Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You just select your dealer and pick the color and trim level. "Your Volvo will be delivered to [your dealership] within 10 days of the order processing date."

The "build" option doesn't appear unless you change the search options to something that isn't shown, like 20" wheels or sage green paint. Then it tells you to expect delivery in 3 months for a custom build.

19" is the default wheel size for both trim levels. Yay! I think that was a data entry error. I'm having trouble finding anything with 19" wheels in available inventories.

ETA: I don't think the custom "build" page is entirely up-to-date yet because it still has bursting blue instead of denim.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You just select your dealer and pick the color and trim level. "Your Volvo will be delivered to [your dealership] within 10 days of the order processing date."

The "build" option doesn't appear unless you change the search options to something that isn't shown, like 20" wheels or sage green paint. Then it tells you to expect delivery in 3 months for a custom build.

19" is the default wheel size for both trim levels. Yay!

ETA: I don't think the custom "build" page is entirely up-to-date yet because it still has bursting blue instead of denim.
Unfortunately it depends on the market :( In California the default is 20" wheels sadly. I'm not going to wait three months just for different wheels. Also you can't get pilot assist without going custom build or ultimate trim. Strange setup.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately it depends on the market :( In California the default is 20" wheels sadly. I'm not going to wait three months just for different wheels. Also you can't get pilot assist without going custom build or ultimate trim. Strange setup.
The build options have been updated as of today. Driver's Assist is only available in Ultimate trim. There's no separate option for it that I can see. Weird about the wheels, too. On the custom build page, selecting Ultimate will lock in the 20" wheels. The "default" dealer options seem to be set regionally. I guess they're holding and pulling stock from regional allocation lots instead of sending it to dealers' showrooms.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did see that. It's also showing complimentary maintenance for the lifetime of the vehicle. I called volvo to ask about that change and they were of course clueless.

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
294 Posts
I notice that there is no mention of Pilot Assist. There is adaptive cruise control in the Ultimate trim level and plain old cruise control in the Plus trim level. Neither level mentions Pilot Assist Steering, just lane keeping aid. Wondering whether the June/July update taking PA Steering off the steering wheel and burying it in the settings is the beginning of deleting it from the 2021 models.

I also noticed that either the center display UI has been changed or graphics from a Sensus equipped model are used.
Watch Output device Automotive lighting Automotive tire Mobile phone

And there a discrepancy in the description of the instrument panel display modes:
Font Automotive tire Window Auto part Steering wheel

Are the interns still in charge?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wondering whether the June/July update taking PA Steering off the steering wheel and burying it in the settings is the beginning of deleting it from the 2021 models.
I do wonder about what they were smoking when they made that change. For what it’s worth, it’s like that on the new XC60s too.
As for them actually removing the feature from cars already on the road, well I don’t think they can take away a feature that’s on the Monroney sticker.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did see that. It's also showing complimentary maintenance for the lifetime of the vehicle. I called volvo to ask about that change and they were of course clueless.
on my screen now it looks to be the same maintenance coverage (except perhaps addition of wear coverage for 40k miles on another tab)
Automotive tire Tread Tire Font Hat

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love pilot assist on my xc90. Not just for highway driving, but taking off sunglasses or glancing at the kids in the back seat. It keeps the car between the lane stripes. Why would they take it off?

·
Registered
169 Posts
What are the differences between the recharge ultimate and the recharge plus? All that I saw was adaptive cruise control. Is there more?

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are the differences between the recharge ultimate and the recharge plus? All that I saw was adaptive cruise control. Is there more?
Ultimate also has HK audio, heated rear seats, heat pump, headlight cleaning, and probably 20" wheels. I'm still iffy on whether or not I can really get an ultimate with 19" wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ultimate also has HK audio, heated rear seats, heat pump, headlight cleaning, and probably 20" wheels. I'm still iffy on whether or not I can really get an ultimate with 19" wheels.
The plus also has headlight cleaning, heated rear seats, heat pump, and 20" wheels. At least in California lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
In the northeast we have some ultimates with 19's. I'd take the 21 on my local dealer's lot if it wasn't white... What did they change to bump the range to 223?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
Does anyone know for certain if Pilot Assist was removed in the 2022 models?
Our 2022 Australian-delivered model has Pilot Assist. They come with everything here - no options (just pick a paint colour). The only thing not on ours is the headlight high-pressure cleaning. Not sure why. Cars for the Australian market are coming from the Geely/Volvo CMA Super Factory in Luqiao (edit - spelling) China - built alongside the Polestar 2...so specs are slightly different than the Belgian-assembled cars (for example we get full leather seats - no suede inserts - at least on the 1st batch that arrived in AU).

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
632 Posts
I thought it had been disabled on all models, but I could be wrong.
Not disabled, it was just “hidden” somewhat. The choice whether cruise gives you full Pilot Assist or just Adaptive Cruise was moved from the steering wheel buttons into the center screen Settings menu.

Some have speculated this was to discourage people from using it. My guess is maybe this makes it easier to save that setting per-Driver Profile? Haven’t actually tested that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not disabled, it was just “hidden” somewhat. The choice whether cruise gives you full Pilot Assist or just Adaptive Cruise was moved from the steering wheel buttons into the center screen Settings menu.

Some have speculated this was to discourage people from using it. My guess is maybe this makes it easier to save that setting per-Driver Profile? Haven’t actually tested that.
If we're speculating, I'll throw mine in there.

One thing that the XC40 lacks that other Volvos with Pilot Assist would have is a head-up display. I have found that keeping track of the engagement/disengagement of Pilot Assist is much easier on my V60 with the HUD. It's noticeably more difficult for me to keep track of it on our XC40, since it's out of my line-of-sight and also because the icon is displayed amidst a bunch of other visual clutter on the instrument display.

I wonder if someone decided that it would be better to just have it on or have it off with adaptive cruise, so that a driver grew accustomed to whatever setting they chose. Burying it in the settings certainly has the effect of making you chose to either have it on or have it off — it's way to cumbersome and dangerous to find it in settings while driving.

Now that Android is coming to the other Volvo cars (with HUDs), I wonder if this functionality limitation sticks around or reverts back to how it worked before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts