Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We opted for $500 of ChargePoint, while this is more, the most likely use for Fast Charging is road trips. EA, in my opinion, is better for this as they are rolling out more 150kw chargers.

Fine print, the credit must be used in 3 years. Volvo will cover one year of membership after those three years.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Realistically the 250kW of energy is at most $100 worth of value (approx) so for us consumers the CP was better. That said, EA is a better "team" to be in bed with in most parts of the USA where their network excels. While I don't have the data to back it up, my personal searches for DC fast chargers that are over 100kW tend to favor EA over CP as a network. So as you said, for trips, definitely a benefit.

For most people, all you need at home is a NEMA 14-50 outlet. Having a $500 wall connector is hardly a necessity as the included car cable is more than ample. But either case ($500 CP home, $100 EA credit, etc) is all "jokes" -- its the same way people would buy a Tesla for a free year of supercharging (similar in value to what we're talking about here). If you are so easily swayed to buy a $60k car because of a $100-500 credit, your financial priorities may be worth revisiting :p

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah what is up with 2022, the manuals have been online and someone on here posted their 21 was a 5/21 build.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Anyone remember where you write to to make them actually give you the credit. Got car in May and the credit still has not arrived. Still at least we got the plates today at last.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
87 Posts
The ChargePoint credit form goes to [email protected]
My dealer took care of the ChargePoint "order" and the other week I got an email direct from Volvo with my "coupon code" to use on the ChargePoint web. I chose the $700 ChargePoint wall unit as this will allow me to charge both my EV cars. The Tesla is charging from a 50 amp 14-50 outlet which I currently share with my Volvo. Once the charger arrives I will install another circuit for it and the cord on the ChargePoint will reach either car in my garage.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
My dealer took care of the ChargePoint "order" and the other week I got an email direct from Volvo with my "coupon code" to use on the ChargePoint web. I chose the $700 ChargePoint wall unit as this will allow me to charge both my EV cars. The Tesla is charging from a 50 amp 14-50 outlet which I currently share with my Volvo. Once the charger arrives I will install another circuit for it and the cord on the ChargePoint will reach either car in my garage.
I wish I felt good installing another AMP load on my 150amp panel, but my home was built in the 80's and the main feed is aluminum and not sure how much I would want to have 80amp continuous draw potentially. I will porbably settel for power sharing and try and alternate days when either car charges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts