Volvo XC40 Forum banner

2021 Xc40 Recharge Volvo on Call Install

62K views 471 replies 63 participants last post by  BeLow 
#1 ·
Just spoke with Volvo customer service, they said the Volvo on call activation software update wont happen till at least 3rd quarter 2021.
My dealer and sales person have no clue to what's going on and sold me vehicle promising all features were available.
Very disappointed. But...xc40 recharge does ride beautifully and looks great.

#108 ·
My VOC app is working a bit more reliably now. Until a couple days ago, I could only get Lock/Unlock (and door open/close pictures) to work consistently. Now I'm getting Climate and SoC to also work, about 50% of the time. Small steps...

#113 ·
Yay another bug. When I get my car back I will try pairing my iPad pro. I am wondering if it dislikes 2 devices with the same user (which it should not but hey!).

Where do you mount your iPad pro in the car?
Want somewhere to mount mine when I am doing photography.

#117 ·
Just updated to version 5 of the beta version of the app on Android. Connects every time with full info. I suggest Android phone users join the beta in the Google Play store.

#119 ·
Yeah, I spoke too soon. It was working perfect when sitting in my driveway, but currently it's charging at work and I get no charge or charging info. (sigh)

#120 ·
Got the third key. Installed VOC 4.x. Paired the phone with all 3 keys present. All good.
Nothing but a semi transparent car. No data. OK, same as at least one other person posted.
Today, signed up for beta, finally got accepted, installed VOC 5.x.
Now when I try to set it up, it says my VIN is invalid (the one that worked yesterday). Copied and pasted from Notes, and also tried rekeying. Stopped app, restarted, tried again. Nope, invalid.
Uninstalled VOC.
I'll wait til a majority of you report it works. Maybe end of June?

#122 ·
We bought a fully decked out demo unit in February so I had an older version of software installed. It's at the dealer today getting the update, but reading this forum makes me second guess that decision as our car has worked flawlessly (aside from On Call) since we purchased it. knocks on wood

#126 ·
Thought it might be worth adding my experience.

Using iPhone 12 Pro Max, latest iOS and latest VOC app.

I've factory reset the car twice, and setup up VOC using all three keys successfully each time. However, after logging into the app, all I see is:

Clicking on things doesn't reveal any additional information.

Like many of you, I'm hoping the rumored update next month resolve the issue.

#127 ·
Thought it might be worth adding my experience.

Using iPhone 12 Pro Max, latest iOS and latest VOC app.

I've factory reset the car twice, and setup up VOC using all three keys successfully each time. However, after logging into the app, all I see is:

View attachment 763

Clicking on things doesn't reveal any additional information. Like many of you, I'm hoping the rumored update next month resolve the issue.
After doing this yesterday after a dealer-initiated software update, I see the same exact thing.

#133 ·
Snap with the greyed out.

I am using an iPhone 12 max. Does it work on anyone’s iPhone yet?

It is still alpha so we should probably not overly fuss or obsess about it and yet … I wants it.

#136 ·
Snap with the greyed out.

I am using an iPhone 12 max. Does it work on anyone’s iPhone yet?

It is still alpha so we should probably not overly fuss or obsess about it and yet … I wants it.
I have an iPhone XR (iOS 14.7 - public beta). VOC has been working (i.e., values for SoC, climate, charging; door open, etc.) for 5 days. I had to do 1 factory reset and the last pairing was done with all 3 keys in the vehicle. The big difference was enabling the “Volvo on call” permission. Now, performance hasn’t been totally flawless. There is a bit of latency after sign in, and once I believe there was an error on the Volvo server side. However, 🤞🏻, what limited functionality it has has been working.

#139 ·
It is an early alpha … at least it cannot trigger the P8s auto self destruct.

You have 3 minutes to reach a safe distance from your Volvo xc40 recharge pure electric P8

You have …..

#140 ·
So after getting the email from Volvo that On Call was sorta ready to try out and to visit your dealer for the latest update - did all of that. Paired the phone app to the car with the VIN, finally got the Allow On Call option to not be greyed out and turned it "On". Also had my salesman try to enter my VIN into his VOC system today in which we replied with: "The system that I use to activate VOC doesn’t recognize the VIN number so it won’t let me activate it." 👌

#148 ·
... finally got the Allow On Call option to not be greyed out and turned it "On".
So where is this elusive VoC option in the settings? I picked up the car 3 days ago, with the salesman assuring me that the software was current, but I cannot find a VoC 'permission' anywhere.

I do have the Android app installed and paired with the car - I can lock and unlock the doors, but no SoC or climate control. The app has the Bluetooth icon in the top corner, so I don't think it is working over the internet.

Kernel version
4:19.152-PKT-201102T090902Z-gd38365ca3532 #1 Thu Mar 18 21:54:58 CET 2021

Build number
QA1A210116.001.ARTINFO.QAB.5-13-g7441a9224

#141 ·
It is not meant to work yet … but **** it I want it to!!!

Breaths and relaxes … not sure why I even want it so badly in Seattle it will do very little for me and yet …

Maybe I want it because it is so nifty …

#142 ·
It is not meant to work yet … but **** it I want it to!!!

Breaths and relaxes … not sure why I even want it so badly in Seattle it will do very little for me and yet …

Maybe I want it because it is so nifty …
So why did I get this email:

Robert, be the first to experience an early access version of the Volvo On Call app, now available for the XC40 Recharge. The early access version of the Volvo On Call app will have improved remote control functionality within Bluetooth range, approximately 30ft.

This Volvo On Call app will provide you core features with additional functionality available over time.​
Early access Volvo On Call app features
  • Track your electricity and charging status
  • Use climate direct start to pre-heat or cool your Volvo and pre-condition the battery to help optimize range (especially in colder weather)
  • Lock or unlock your Volvo remotely
  • Receive updates on maintenance needs
  • Access vehicle information and owner’s manual
  • Get real-time customer care support via in-app chat
  • Schedule service appointments on-demand
Please contact your Volvo retailer to ensure you have the latest software installed on your XC40 Recharge to enable the Volvo On Call app together with other vehicle enhancements.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.