Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 472 Posts
Got my appointment for Tuesday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................

Got my appointment for Tuesday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................
We’ll I got the software update via the dealership yesterday. VOC wouldn’t set up yesterday but I noticed today the phone app got an update so after getting it to install… it works! Sorta. We’ll ok not at all. You can log in but nothing syncs with the car. So it’s basically still broken. Either that or I somehow didn’t do it right. Anyone else get it working?

We’ll I got the software update via the dealership yesterday. VOC wouldn’t set up yesterday but I noticed today the phone app got an update so after getting it to install… it works! Sorta. We’ll ok not at all. You can log in but nothing syncs with the car. So it’s basically still broken. Either that or I somehow didn’t do it right. Anyone else get it working?
Thanks for posting!
That top-down cutout view of the car in "convertible" form looks awesome! Is the color representative of your car's color? It took Tesla many versions of software updates to display the exterior of the owner's car to the image on the phone app consistent with the car's actual appearance. IMO, Volvo should manufacture a convertible version of the XC40 and call it, well, XC40 (C for convertible).

IMO, Volvo should manufacture a convertible version of the XC40 and call it, well, XC40 (C for convertible).
No 😉 so I’ll bite. It certainly would be unique to have a ragtop version of an SUV base model. Most convertibles are based on sedans or coupes. I’m coming from an Audi A3 Cabriolet. The panoramic moonroof is convertible-esque and an improvement over the fixed glass roofs of the M3/MY and the Mustang Mach e. The sunshade is a definite plus.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Follow up with Volvo on Call rep, still no activation for the recharge and no set time line. Question, can I still get or use Android auto and does it show up in console display?

Follow up with Volvo on Call rep, still no activation for the recharge and no set time line. Question, can I still get or use Android auto and does it show up in console display?
I tried plugging my phone into the necessary port, and all I get is power. Doesn’t even prompt for that initial permissions/setup screen on sending the phone to the display. I don’t even know how wireless will work - never had a car that could do that before - and I couldn’t find anything in any setting that indicated support yet.

Question, can I still get or use Android auto and does it show up in console display?
It was my understanding the software update for Android Auto and Apple Carplay were coming in late 2021.

I just got back from the dealer and got the software update (March 18 Kernel version for the infotainment system). iPhone 12 now charges properly on the wireless charging pad. I can now pair the car with Volvo On Call app on iPhone. The app doesn't properly show battery levels and I can't unlock the car with the phone app, but others have reported that it takes a day for things to get synced up.

I just got back from the dealer and got the software update (March 18 Kernel version for the infotainment system). iPhone 12 now charges properly on the wireless charging pad. I can now pair the car with Volvo On Call app on iPhone. The app doesn't properly show battery levels and I can't unlock the car with the phone app, but others have reported that it takes a day for things to get synced up.
I have the exact same software version, but I get a message stating that it isn’t available yet. I wonder what the difference is. I checked the app version and I’m on 4.13.3 (ios, updated 2 days ago). Could be something on the phone side is missing to make this work. 🤷‍♂️

I got that message at first, but then got through it to pair the car. Try quitting out of the app and then going back in. Also, you need to do pair the phone while you are in the car, with at least one key (I had all three...)

I have the exact same software version, but I get a message stating that it isn’t available yet. I wonder what the difference is. I checked the app version and I’m on 4.13.3 (ios, updated 2 days ago).

My app stated I needed all three keys. After placing all three keys in the car, it linked.
It doesn't allow any specific information on the car, but it does link and allow the app to acknowledge the car and VIN.

Tried it with all three keys and force restarting the app. No go. I get the same message about not being able to pair. I’ll give it a shot every now and then as I wait for something, but until we can schedule the charging I’m not too concerned about it. Thanks for all the pointers though.

A question for Chris Dauerer or others in the know.

Is it necessary to get the car to pair with the On Call app to get future OTA updates?

I did note that there are three permissions that have to be granted in the profile section in order to allow Volvo to communicate with the App.

They include information on collision impact, car charging status and black box information.

A question for Chris Dauerer or others in the know.

Is it necessary to get the car to pair with the On Call app to get future OTA updates?

I did note that there are three permissions that have to be granted in the profile section in order to allow Volvo to communicate with the App.

They include information on collision impact, car charging status and black box information.
No, OTA functionality does not require that the Volvo On Call app be provisioned to the car. Once OTA is turned on in the US, it will function on all cars in which the owner has granted permission.

Reactions: westmo and Cuelaw57
my app started working about 24 hours after I paired it. I can see charge status and the lock/unlock via phone works also.

Yeah never mind about that. App is still trying to lock the doors from pressing the button soon after that last post. And I’ve put 20 miles on it since then. It does make you appreciate when programmers get it right.

21 - 40 of 472 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.