Volvo XC40 Forum banner
361 - 380 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Same here. No voc for me. I look forward to it greatly but I try and follow one of our family sayings.
“The lack of a positive is not a negative”

Reactions: sengab80

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got my vehicle back from service yesterday, they replaced an "antenna" and did the April sw update. Everything looked OK and I was so excited until the salesman tried to pair VOC, we had all 3 keys in the car and it wouldn't recognize that all of them were present, he then tried a modem reset which caused LTE to be down completely once again. This morning LTE is back so I tried to pair it again but still it still can't recognize any of the keys, anyone encountered this before ?
View attachment 937
The screen shows - 0 keys - should show 3 - assuming you have 3 keys - this is a software issue and the system needs to be reset - this screen should say 3 Keys not 0 - VOC (Volvo Cars) works fine for me with its limited functionality that it is currently programed for. I think you need a trip back to the dealer to get that 0 changed to a 3. stfat least t

·
Registered
637 Posts
This car clearly was released prematurely. Marketing 1 Engineers 0 Can't wait for them to do my car next week.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8, Sage Green named Viktor
22 Posts
The screen shows - 0 keys - should show 3 - assuming you have 3 keys - this is a software issue and the system needs to be reset - this screen should say 3 Keys not 0 - VOC (Volvo Cars) works fine for me with its limited functionality that it is currently programed for. I think you need a trip back to the dealer to get that 0 changed to a 3. stfat least t
Yea like SeattleCat said, the keys are recognized by the car for unlocking and driving just not for voc. Dealership is just throwing darts at this point but I'll be going back for sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jumping back into this thread to note that mine still doesn’t work, despite successfully pairing my phone with all three keys. I’m holding out for the next big update solving this problem. My dealer is saying that will happen in July.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jumping back into this thread to note that mine still doesn’t work, despite successfully pairing my phone with all three keys. I’m holding out for the next big update solving this problem. My dealer is saying that will happen in July.
Same here - was at the dealer for 3 hours on Thursday with a "supposed" fix - to no avail. Successful pairing but still get an error on the phone app after pairing. Tech team at Volvo still investigating...

·
Registered
531 Posts
On a positive note, al least some of the Dealers have the best intention to help, support, listen to Customer, open to suggestions…. Hang in there, if it works for some, it should work for most eventually.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have no doubt that my dealership has the best intentions, but they are clueless about the car. It's a big dealership and my P8 is probably the only one they've sold so far. (Anyone else here buy/lease from Autonation San Jose?) They finally got my key fiasco straightened out two days ago and I was able to pair my phone & keys to Volvo Car. I've tested the app and I was able to lock and unlock the car remotely. I was not able to see the state of charge or start the climate control.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For what it's worth... I uninstalled VOC from (Android, Pixel 3XL), then did the beta thing, reinstalled and now it says my VIN is invalid. I wonder if it's because I set it up once already.
I just updated my Android Voc app to the latest version June 21 and now it's doing the same. Vin is invalid. I did set it up once already too

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just updated my Android Voc app to the latest version June 21 and now it's doing the same. Vin is invalid. I did set it up once already too
Welcome to the Volvo Recharge beta test program. I would feel better if dealers would do a better job of throwing money (per the goodwill TSB) at us t help offset our frustration for buying an incomplete car.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
61 Posts
I picked up my new XC40 today and of course ran into the VOC problem where it could only find 2 out of the three keys, I got 1 black and 1 orange + a little plastic black piece which is suppose to be a sport key that I can take swimming with me and it is the one not recognized. My dealer removed it from list so I could still pair with VOC with car and only 2 keys until they get me a relacement.

So is that what everyone else is getting, I must admit it kooks like the same set I got with my 2018 XC60.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I picked up my new XC40 today and of course ran into the VOC problem where it could only find 2 out of the three keys, I got 1 black and 1 orange + a little plastic black piece which is suppose to be a sport key that I can take swimming with me and it is the one not recognized. My dealer removed it from list so I could still pair with VOC with car and only 2 keys until they get me a relacement.

So is that what everyone else is getting, I must admit it kooks like the same set I got with my 2018 XC60.
This is the first I've heard from someone who got the "chip." When I first contacted Consumer Support about the missing key, they told me everyone was supposed to get one black, one orange and one chip, but I never got a chip and so far no one else has mentioned here on the forum that I know of.

·
Registered
974 Posts
This is the first I've heard from someone who got the "chip." When I first contacted Consumer Support about the missing key, they told me everyone was supposed to get one black, one orange and one chip, but I never got a chip and so far no one else has mentioned here on the forum that I know of.
One black one yellow one chip… where does sales pull this random stuff from!!!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
61 Posts
I found I had good home wifi reception with iphone 12 while sitting in car in garage but car would not even see my wifi system or any in the neighbourhood so I tried iphone 12 personal hotspot which is actually bluetooth tethering and car picked it up right away and a very strong signal. Now I look at VOC and my charge status is working and climate can be selected telling me when it will be ready..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the Volvo Recharge beta test program. I would feel better if dealers would do a better job of throwing money (per the goodwill TSB) at us t help offset our frustration for buying an incomplete car.
Going to try and get my dealer to throw some of that in when I take it in to pair voc again. Also, I'm back to square 1, seems the vin invalid issue was related to uninstalling and reinstalling the app, once I deleted cache and storage, it recognized the vin again. I tried this from the pairing guide and it still can't see the keys
Screenshot_20210629-214711_OneDrive.jpg

·
Registered
974 Posts
Voc is not meant to be working yet and we signed a sheet to say we were okay with that.

People are really wasting dealer time trying to get voc working? Surely this just backs up dealers from working on actual problems?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Voc is not meant to be working yet and we signed a sheet to say we were okay with that.

People are really wasting dealer time trying to get voc working? Surely this just backs up dealers from working on actual problems?
I can't blame them for trying. Ever since VOC became fully operational for me last week, I am loving the remote pre-conditioning feature.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sales was able to pair mine once before lte went dead so I expect the keys recognition and pairing to work again after addressing that, maybe not all the actual functions in the app fully granted the beta state and i remember the sheet saying summer 2021

·
Registered
974 Posts
Oh is it meant to be working now?

I thought we were still in the planned failure time period!!!

There is nothing wrong with trying to get voc working. We have all spent time on that challenge :) but if every volvo owner with a non functioning voc went to their dealers to work on it there would be no resources left to deal with emergent problems in systems that are meant to work

Once it is meant to work then it will definetly be dealer time after trying all the paths I can find online. On the positive side sounds like you have a good dealer who is willing to go the extra mile. Nice!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got the software update at the dealership today, did a full factory reset, uninstalled the app from my phone, went through everything from step 1 and still all I see is — for state of charge.

Don’t know what else to do or can be done.

361 - 380 of 412 Posts