Volvo XC40 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had Volvo corporate tell me that is not true, that later builds did not come with 3 keys. Why would Volvo Corp at lie about this? Why would dealer hold a key and and insist they have not when a customer is pissed?
I’m heading back to Dealer tomorrow to pick up my car - I sas new sage P8s on the parking lots this morning. I will ask my Dealer how many keys they have for those new ones. See what they say - I dare Volvo Corporate to write you an official communication stating “new models” only have 2 keys - they won’t. It’s simply ignorance at this point, not acceptable.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I’m heading back to Dealer tomorrow to pick up my car - I sas new sage P8s on the parking lots this morning. I will ask my Dealer how many keys they have for those new ones. See what they say - I dare Volvo Corporate to write you an official communication stating “new models” only have 2 keys - they won’t. It’s simply ignorance at this point, not acceptable.

They did here is the email they sent me:

As a gesture of good faith and thank you for your loyalty and purchase of 2 vehicles Volvo will reimburse you for the cost of the additional fob for your wife's XC40. We will also be in contact with Volvo of ...... and cover the cost of the additional black fob for your XC40 Recharge so that you will have the 2 black fobs and 1 orange fob. There have been some changes to the fob accessories for XC40 Recharges produced later in the year and customers taking delivery of their XC40 Recharge at this time are only now receiving the 1 black key fob and 1 orange key fob. This is dependent on production dates so the included accessories do vary. In looking at the production date of your vehicle you were provided the correct fobs, however, as a courtesy we will goodwill you the addition key fob at no cost. We will continue to inquire about the key blades in your fobs. In regard to the key fob you currently have being assigned as Key 2, this is likely due to only having the 1 fob. Once the second fob has been programmed and provided to you please see if the settings reflect the additional fob with one labeled as Key 1.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now I feel lucky. I took delivery right off the truck in late May, and I was given three keys. The Sales manager even made a side comment like 'we finally resolved the issue with the number of keys', suggesting Volvo and the dealer agreed there should be three.

·
Registered
250 Posts
While it is a pain it seems if you get 2 keys and complain loud enough you will get a feee key San then. 30% off on accessories coupon. I will use that to save a few $ on the mud flaps being installed Saturday,

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
85 Posts
This was also a huge issue with cars that dealers were not meant to of sold (the demo cars).
When Volvo gave NHTSA a status update (4/21/21) it indicated that of 2278 affected vehicles 2197 had the fix done. Dealers are supposed to check for and repair known recalls before delivery. Given the nature of the defect (I.e., loss of power) dealers should have been checking demo units before allowing customers to drive them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
While it is a pain it seems if you get 2 keys and complain loud enough you will get a feee key San then. 30% off on accessories coupon. I will use that to save a few $ on the mud flaps being installed Saturday,
Out of curiosity I will see when mine was manufactured !

·
Registered
250 Posts
My car goes in Saturday for a key and mud guards I am going to ask them to double check outstanding bulletins.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get the app asks for 3, but what conspiracy would there be to withhold a key. I have been working with 2 dealers and the GM of the dealership that insist the car only came with 2. If they were to,d to hold them why wouldn’t one of these people, say that?
Some dealers surprisingly know very little about small details of their cars especially when it's a new model so vastly different from the previous Volvos.

I received 3 working keys with mine.

I am wondering if one of the keys was used at the port for the recall software install and a batch was misplaced. The dealers might have only received two keys with the shipped cars post shipping port.

Id be curious if all of the owners with only 2 keys, has black key #2 and one orange key. I.e. the port programmer used the first key.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just spoke with Volvo customer service, they said the Volvo on call activation software update wont happen till at least 3rd quarter 2021.
My dealer and sales person have no clue to what's going on and sold me vehicle promising all features were available.
Very disappointed. But...xc40 recharge does ride beautifully and looks great.
Phone app is buggy, if you click the demo, you can't get out of demo mode. Charge level doesn't show, and once you remove the apps and trying to re-install you can't connect back to car. Phone app, it is totally "sucks".

·
Registered
90 Posts
Phone app is buggy, if you click the demo, you can't get out of demo mode. Charge level doesn't show, and once you remove the apps and trying to re-install you can't connect back to car. Phone app, it is totally "sucks".
This appears to be a common problem. Once the app is installed, do not uninstall it. If it doesn't work or is buggy, allow the new version to install update the existing version.

This problem appears to be more an issue with IOS than Android. Once the car established a connection with the specific phone, it appears to link to the app and installs a cache to confirm the phone is valid. When uninstalling the app, it does not remove the cache or clear the memory. When the new app is installed, the car is looking for the old app and does not accept the new one. This problem needs to be fixed.....but, as Volvo claims, it is in the works.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just got this from my dealer. May be it'll help someone but unfortunately it did not help me with pairing my iPhone to VOC (tried following the whole process according the guide after factory reset and using key 1 in admin profile did not help either.)

Thanks will give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think your car got programmed with 3 keys.

They lost one.

They added a 4th to the cars memory.

Now it thinks it needs 4.

They need to scrub all keys and re add just the 3 you have IMHO

·
Registered
250 Posts
Agreed. I have an appointment in 2 weeks for them to start all over. Can;t wait to see how they fix this and I am sure screw up my profiles and settings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
(Self talk) Must not try and get voc working again must wait until it is actually meant to work. Must resist …
Because I'm a glutton for punishment... I tried everything on this PDF (many thanks for sending that along) - to no avail. After what seems like a fully successful pairing with the VIN/Keys the app still gives me the good ol' Could Not Load Devices error. Even tried setting up a new profile and using the wife's phone - another successful VIN pairing to the app and same error. Might have to see what this "TIE Connectivity Case" option at the dealer might do...it's really disheartening that this process is this comically bad...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just got this from my dealer. May be it'll help someone but unfortunately it did not help me with pairing my iPhone to VOC (tried following the whole process according the guide after factory reset and using key 1 in admin profile did not help either.)
That is a great resource tells you everything you need to know on pairing the app and troubleshooting - Thanks for posting that!! Worked perfectly in less than a half hour!!

301 - 320 of 329 Posts