Volvo XC40 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got an email from them in May that it IS ready to use and to get the latest software update from my dealer, which I did. That's where my frustration lies. If that email hadn't come through I wouldn't have gotten disappointed/let down...
Which version update did they say to get from the dealer? Updates should be coming down over the air, although I have not seen the April update come down yet on my XC40, and I am still on March.

It will most likely be a combination of an app update and a car software update that will make this all work. Until then, it won't.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Which version update did they say to get from the dealer? Updates should be coming down over the air, although I have not seen the April update come down yet on my XC40, and I am still on March.
Discussed here before, but the "March 18" update IS the latest "April" update. March is when it was built. April is when it was finally released after being tested/debugged. Their version naming is completely opaque, confusing, and useless.

None of us have seen any actual OTA car software updates yet.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can anyone else confirm that to first connect to VOC, you need to use the admin account associated with Key #1? I have been having trouble with pair my iphone to the P8 but always fail (says no phone found) and I'm using key #2.
Since Day 1, the "Key" i had been using is identified as "Key #2" -- struggled with VOC until a week ago when the app updated, and it's now working. I don't know how the other 2 keys are identified and where either.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had started another thread of "Brake Issues - anyone ?" - I had it TOWED to Dealership this morning.
However, while trying to make an online service appointment (and shockingly next available is Jul 1st - so I decided to have them tow it NOW given brake issues).... anyway, a message popped up on software Recall Code: R10078 I don't know if this an old re-call that wasn't removed after I got the Car 3 weeks ago, OR is this a new recall ?

Thoughts ? Regardless I'm on my way to Dealership to get a Loaner, I'll ask them about the software recall doe (unbelievable brand new car with scary Brake thudding noises?!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since Day 1, the "Key" i had been using is identified as "Key #2" -- struggled with VOC until a week ago when the app updated, and it's now working. I don't know how the other 2 keys are identified and where either.
If you go into the Profile menu item for the current user, there's an item for which key is tied to the profile. I don't think you need to have a key tied to your profile, but any features like automatic seat memory and radio settings can be changed based on which key opens the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had started another thread of "Brake Issues - anyone ?" - I had it TOWED to Dealership this morning.
However, while trying to make an online service appointment (and shockingly next available is Jul 1st - so I decided to have them tow it NOW given brake issues).... anyway, a message popped up on software Recall Code: R10078 I don't know if this an old re-call that wasn't removed after I got the Car 3 weeks ago, OR is this a new recall ?

Thoughts ? Regardless I'm on my way to Dealership to get a Loaner, I'll ask them about the software recall doe (unbelievable brand new car with scary Brake thudding noises?!)
View attachment 842
Well known recall that held up a lot of cars at the port... This should have been done by your dealer months ago

Not a brake issue but more likely engine/motor braking issue...

·
Registered
188 Posts

It will most likely be a combination of an app update and a car software update that will make this all work. Until then, it won't.
OTA is not yet available - any updates that have been released need to be installed by the dealer at this point.

·
Registered
19 Posts

View attachment 842

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thank you! Volvo should have taken it off from their web. Otherwise, anyone trying to schedule maintenance for any reason will have a HUGE RED RECALL note. Geezz.... I hope they handle recall messages much better for other vehicles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you! Volvo should have taken it off from their web. Otherwise, anyone trying to schedule maintenance for any reason will have a HUGE RED RECALL note. Geezz.... I hope they handle recall messages much better for other vehicles.
I was actually stating that you probably need the recall done, and that the brake issues you experienced might actually be the motor cutting out and braking/slowing you down. The software fix for that recall might fix your problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Recall, Page 2:
"C. PORT VEHICLES
NOT all eligible vehicles arriving from the ports will have this recall completed."

·
Registered
252 Posts
So you have 2 or 3 keys? And the app update are you talking IOS or Android? I have only 2 keys and the only black key is key 2. I am so frustrated with Volvo.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So you have 2 or 3 keys? And the app update are you talking IOS or Android? I have only 2 keys and the only black key is key 2. I am so frustrated with Volvo.
I have 3 keys (2 blacks and 1 orange).
  • When the car was driven out, the car had identified the key as “Key #2”.
  • iOS, IPhone 12. VOC version 5.0.1

You would thinkif they can “activate and program” a fob (if customer purchases as extra key) they can do it - so why are they not at least provide a 3rd key for free and program it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 3 keys (2 blacks and 1 orange).
  • When the car was driven out, the car had identified the key as “Key #2”.
  • iOS, IPhone 12. VOC version 5.0.1

You would thinkif they can “activate and program” a fob (if customer purchases as extra key) they can do it - so why are they not at least provide a 3rd key for free and program it.
3 keys come with the car.. every one of them. If your dealer didn't give you three keys your dealer owes you one. You shouldn't have to purchase a 3rd key

·
Registered
252 Posts
3 keys come with the car.. every one of them. If your dealer didn't give you three keys your dealer owes you one. You shouldn't have to purchase a 3rd key
I have had Volvo corporate tell me that is not true, that later builds did not come with 3 keys. Why would Volvo Corp at lie about this? Why would dealer hold a key and and insist they have not when a customer is pissed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had Volvo corporate tell me that is not true, that later builds did not come with 3 keys. Why would Volvo Corp at lie about this? Why would dealer hold a key and and insist they have not when a customer is pissed?
I picked up my XC40 Recharge 3 weeks ago and got all 3 keys.

The on call app even asks for all 3 keys to add the vehicle to the app.

There are definitely 3 keys, two black and one orange, for every XC40 Recharge.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I get the app asks for 3, but what conspiracy would there be to withhold a key. I have been working with 2 dealers and the GM of the dealership that insist the car only came with 2. If they were to,d to hold them why wouldn’t one of these people, say that?

281 - 300 of 329 Posts