Volvo XC40 Forum banner

2021 Xc40 Recharge Volvo on Call Install

62K views 471 replies 63 participants last post by  BeLow 
Android app update arrived for me today. I put in the VIN and it tells me I need the software update. Does this REALLY require a full service appointment? (sigh)

Got my appointment for Tuesday. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................

Question, can I still get or use Android auto and does it show up in console display?
It was my understanding the software update for Android Auto and Apple Carplay were coming in late 2021.

my app started working about 24 hours after I paired it. I can see charge status and the lock/unlock via phone works also.
Thanks for the heads up. Got tired of relaunching the app and getting no info regarding the car. Will try tomorrow.

I find the app works about 15% of the time. Today I used it to turn on the climate control before getting in the car - it told me it would take 30 minutes to cool down the car after sitting in the sun all day.

The Volvo On Call app is being updated every day. The team is hard at work on a set of clear instructions to assist both Retailers and Customers, but it is not ready yet, hopefully next week. Some people have tried and been successful, but not all. Please be patient, this release is an "early release" with limited functionality. More stability and functionality is expected during the week of June 13.
Clearly they are working on the back end, as I have noticed greater reliability of the app working over the past 2 days. Can't wait to see what else they add !!!

In the system info under settings, you should have an Android revision of March 18.

Reactions: arijaycomet
Yes he has been very informative - but he seems to have gone radio silent - last post was 6 days ago and there have been a number of questions to him in the last 6 days that have gone unanswered - maybe he is just on a week vacation?
Uh oh...

For anyone (like me) finding the connection to the car as inconsistent, I found that sending a command to enable the climate control (took two tries) seemed to 'wake up' the connection and provide the charging status.

I was able to join the 'beta' for the Android VOC app. No improvement in reliability of connecting, sadly. Supposedly will have more features when you are close to the car and connect over bluetooth. Anyone else have more success?

Just updated to version 5 of the beta version of the app on Android. Connects every time with full info. I suggest Android phone users join the beta in the Google Play store.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. It was working perfect when sitting in my driveway, but currently it's charging at work and I get no charge or charging info. (sigh)

I did a shutdown/restart, without factory reset, and now my connection likelihood is close to 90%.

On May 20th I received an email from Volvo Car USA that said, in part:
"Be the first to experience an early access version of the Volvo On Call app"
and
"Please contact your Volvo retailer to ensure you have the latest software installed on your XC40 Recharge to enable the Volvo On Call app together with other vehicle enhancements."

I did not ask the dealer about this, it just worked
Ditto. I was able to set it up myself, once the April software upgrade was complete.

I think they are getting the bugs out, because I was able to connect via my Android phone using the beta version of the app all day today while charging in the parking lot. Interestingly, the app originally predicted I would be done charging sooner than it actually took. I just wish the app had more info - kWh, etc., rather than just percentage charged.

Noticed this morning that I am NO longer in the beta program for the VOC app for Android. And subscribing to the beta program isn't even available anymore. The version is at 5.0.4, so I assume that is the new 'final' app in anticipation of the car software update expected next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.