Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with Volvo customer service, they said the Volvo on call activation software update wont happen till at least 3rd quarter 2021.
My dealer and sales person have no clue to what's going on and sold me vehicle promising all features were available.
Very disappointed. But...xc40 recharge does ride beautifully and looks great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just spoke with Volvo customer service, they said the Volvo on call activation software update wont happen till at least 3rd quarter 2021.
My dealer and sales person have no clue to what's going on and sold me vehicle promising all features were available.
Very disappointed. But...xc40 recharge does ride beautifully and looks great.
I was pointed to this area in the Canada support site: https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/support/topics/latest-information/xc40-recharge-pure-electric. Worth keeping on this to know some expected timelines.

I also think there’s more missing than what is listed on that page though. From what I’m gathering there should be wireless carplay/android auto (phone mirroring) coming in a future update as well. Don’t have my vehicle yet to experiment on.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
In North America, SW to enable provisioning of the Volvo On Call app should be available at your Retailer next week (week of April 25).
The Volvo on call app will have limited functionality, including:a
Device management
Lock/unlock
Climate direct start
Battery State of Charge level

Later in the year, more functionality will be added to the Volvo on Call app:
Climate timers
Push notifications
Charging control
OTA status/control
Car locator
Journal log

·
Registered
87 Posts
In North America, SW to enable provisioning of the Volvo On Call app should be available at your Retailer next week (week of April 25).
The Volvo on call app will have limited functionality, including:a
Device management
Lock/unlock
Climate direct start
Battery State of Charge level

Later in the year, more functionality will be added to the Volvo on Call app:
Climate timers
Push notifications
Charging control
OTA status/control
Car locator
Journal log
Good News - so will the dealer call existing owners or to owners have to call the dealer to make an appointment?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Good News - so will the dealer call existing owners or to owners have to call the dealer to make an appointment?
Very good question. Owners can expect to be contacted but there is nothing preventing an owner from reaching out to their Retailer proactively to get scheduled for the update. I would wait until next week to do so.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm supposed to get it back after work tomorrow. I doubt they'll actually have the new software but I'm giving them a chance. It's kind of depressing that these guys don't know much about these vehicles.

You can bet I'll let you guys know what happens either way. In the meantime they have me an S60 T5 to drive. I miss my XC's height and speed.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Software should be ready. Issue is with the iOS (apple) version of the VOC app, that will likely be released middle of next week. You should be able to provision the VOC app to the car then, ensure that all three keys are present when doing so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Software should be ready. Issue is with the iOS (apple) version of the VOC app, that will likely be released middle of next week. You should be able to provision the VOC app to the car then, ensure that all three keys are present when doing so.
thanks for the replies. I just returned from the dealer and they will be learning more details next week. Hoping my car is here in a couple weeks and it will all be taken care of before I pick it up. In the meantime, get to enjoy a loaner from them!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
thanks for the replies. I just returned from the dealer and they will be learning more details next week. Hoping my car is here in a couple weeks and it will all be taken care of before I pick it up. In the meantime, get to enjoy a loaner from them!!
I posted this in another thread but I got the car back and they said I didn't get the big patch but I have one from March. The dealer said two icons changed but they didn't know which ones. Meh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t get it but I do. This is brand new for these guys and they are less than well informed. Going to hang on, have a beer, and hope all is well said the “boom-master”

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're an iPhone user, see if you can link your phone with the Volvo On Call app - there is an update to the app (on iPhone App Store) from yesterday...

I posted this in another thread but I got the car back and they said I didn't get the big patch but I have one from March. The dealer said two icons changed but they didn't know which ones. Meh.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Chris-- Thanks for being available for all these queries. A question I have relates to charging settings. I know we are supposed to set for 48 amps on the central screen settings. Do we also have to set for KW? I don't yet have the car, but have the ChargePoint wall charger, which is hard wired to a 50 amp circuit, where ChargePoint steps it down to allow for a max of 40 amps. Will the max of 11 KW be okay, or should it be more like 10 KW?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Hey Chris-- Thanks for being available for all these queries. A question I have relates to charging settings. I know we are supposed to set for 48 amps on the central screen settings. Do we also have to set for KW? I don't yet have the car, but have the ChargePoint wall charger, which is hard wired to a 50 amp circuit, where ChargePoint steps it down to allow for a max of 40 amps. Will the max of 11 KW be okay, or should it be more like 10 KW?
The only settings are for battery charge level (should be 90%) and amperage (typically set to the max of 48 amps). There is no KW setting. The onboard charger will automatically adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Android app update arrived for me today. I put in the VIN and it tells me I need the software update. Does this REALLY require a full service appointment? (sigh)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts