Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to lock the car without the key present. Yes I can do it via Volvo On Call but when that trial expires then what? I can't believe there isn't a way to lock my car without having the key on me.

Why??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am unable to lock the car without the key present. Yes I can do it via Volvo On Call but when that trial expires then what? I can't believe there isn't a way to lock my car without having the key on me.

Why??
Try using the tailgate locking switch on the right side of the inner lip of the tailgate. This should lock the vehicle without the key present.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I must have been born in the last century. Oh wait, I was! At that time, the sole purpose of the “key” was to unlock, start, stop, lock the car. What am I missing here that Volvo has failed to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Often I am working on the car in the driveway - putting things in or out, installing things, etc. My key stays in my purse in the house. On my Rav4 that I just traded in, all I had to do was press the lock button on the inside of the driver door and I could lock it.

Now I have to go inside, get my purse, come out, and lock it.

Get it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try using the tailgate locking switch on the right side of the inner lip of the tailgate. This should lock the vehicle without the key present.
Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately on the 2021 the key is required for that button to lock it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now I have to go inside, get my purse, come out, and lock it.
OK, got it. Can your key lock it from inside the house? I just got a used Bolt while waiting for my XC40 Recharge to arrive (next year), and its key transmitter can punch through a brick wall and a steel door and lock/precondition the car. Saves at least one trip back out...:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, got it. Can your key lock it from inside the house? I just got a used Bolt while waiting for my XC40 Recharge to arrive (next year), and its key transmitter can punch through a brick wall and a steel door and lock/precondition the car. Saves at least one trip back out...:)
My Rav4 key would never go through the wall, but that was an inferior vehicle ;)

I'll try this tonight, thanks :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts