Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it were me, I would never get Care by Volvo. Too many people complain about it... especially if you damage the car. Plus it is a lot more money than getting a standard lease.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were me, I would never get Care by Volvo. Too many people complain about it... especially if you damage the car. Plus it is a lot more money than getting a standard lease.
Totally disagree. I had the subscription for almost 18 months. "A lot more money" is not true unless you live in a place where insurance is dirt cheap. I owned a 2015 Impala prior to the Volvo and living in New York city with the best insurance and all the discounts (safe driver, GEICO, etc.) and the insurance alone is ridiculous. Next comes the headache for paying when you take the car into the dealer. So far, I brought the car in four times for maintenance and repair and walked out not paying a dime. Not having to worry about insurance and maintenance payments to me is worth the money. After all, I consider my time valuable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Totally disagree. I had the subscription for almost 18 months. "A lot more money" is not true unless you live in a place where insurance is dirt cheap. I owned a 2015 Impala prior to the Volvo and living in New York city with the best insurance and all the discounts (safe driver, GEICO, etc.) and the insurance alone is ridiculous. Next comes the headache for paying when you take the car into the dealer. So far, I brought the car in four times for maintenance and repair and walked out not paying a dime. Not having to worry about insurance and maintenance payments to me is worth the money. After all, I consider my time valuable.
Under a standard Volvo lease, you get repairs fixed without paying a dime, too. And as far as maintenance goes, the only time you should do anything is to change the oil twice during the entire lease period... today's synthetic oils can go tens of thousands of miles without needing to be changed. Of course, "stealerships" will scare you to do it more often... but this is purely to steal money from us. "Maintenance" on a lease vehicle is a french word for "dealership profit." There is nothing in the lease contract forcing us to do "maintenance." And when we turn in our lease, there is not checkbox for "maintenance."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Under a standard Volvo lease, you get repairs fixed without paying a dime, too. And as far as maintenance goes, the only time you should do anything is to change the oil twice during the entire lease period... today's synthetic oils can go tens of thousands of miles without needing to be changed. Of course, "stealerships" will scare you to do it more often... but this is purely to steal money from us. "Maintenance" on a lease vehicle is a french word for "dealership profit." There is nothing in the lease contract forcing us to do "maintenance." And when we turn in our lease, there is not checkbox for "maintenance."
so far my care by volvo plan is a good deal for me. Tire repair or replace is included and i've had 3 tires replaced and 5 repairs done all for free due to this being included in the care by volvo. bay area roads are no joke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts