Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my new 2020 XC40 R-design for a week or so. Either the car did not come with PAP or something is faulty, as the row in the function screen where the Park In and Park Out buttons should be is blank. The car has the Advanced Package, and it is my understanding that package includes PAP. FWIW, I had the dealer install the OEM tow hitch so I can mount a bike carrier on the car; I wonder if maybe that deletes the PAP capability. Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.

All the above aside, I’m enjoying my new XC40, and learning to love its quirkinesses.

Thanks to all for your helpful postings here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve had my new 2020 XC40 R-design for a week or so. Either the car did not come with PAP or something is faulty, as the row in the function screen where the Park In and Park Out buttons should be is blank. The car has the Advanced Package, and it is my understanding that package includes PAP. FWIW, I had the dealer install the OEM tow hitch so I can mount a bike carrier on the car; I wonder if maybe that deletes the PAP capability. Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.

All the above aside, I’m enjoying my new XC40, and learning to love its quirkinesses.

I haven't received my XC40 yet, but when I ordered it, the PAP was not included in the Advanced Package; it was an additional $200.

·
Registered
5 Posts

In 2019 it was part of the advanced package. But in the 2020 models they made it a separate item to add. I have it on my 2019 model and never use it. Its easier and quicker just to park it myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked my dealer about installing it, and was told it could not be installed on my vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I added the PAP option because it seemed like a shame not to have it for a measly $200. I doubt that I will use it except for fun. I come from Chicago where parallel parking in small spaces is considered an art form. I once parallel parked near Wrigley Field in a space that had 3 inches clearance front and back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here’s what Volvo has to say on the subject:

“In regards to your inquiry, Park Pilot Assist was optional and would have needed to be selected during the build of your XC40, in addition to adding the Advanced Package. Regrettably, the Park Pilot Assist is not available to add as an accessory at this time for your model year.”

·
170 Posts
I added the PAP option because it seemed like a shame not to have it for a measly $200. I doubt that I will use it except for fun. I come from Chicago where parallel parking in small spaces is considered an art form. I once parallel parked near Wrigley Field in a space that had 3 inches clearance front and back.
Tony, I’m also in Chicago and use it all the time. I consider myself a good parallel parker since we have to do it almost daily here. But I’ve still found the feature to be great once I got comfortable with it (and its limitations). I’m very concerned about not getting curb scuffs on my wheels, so I’m happy to let the system help me avoid them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jezza, That's an excellent point. I hate curb scuffs, as well, and will definitely try using the PAP as a preventative measure. That feeling I get when a wheel grinds against a curb is a lot like the feeling I get when the dentist drills on a tooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts