Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2022 C40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
39 Posts
Weird. I received a letter in the mail today dated 11/21 and it says v2.2 is available for me. It’s called active service action S10177. I don’t have a v2.5 nor do I see it in the vehicle. I may talk to my service center about it. Also, I never knew apple devices couldn’t wirelessly charge, thought it was strange my wife’s android charged but my iPhone didn’t…I just chalked it up to my case being too thick haha.
Font Symmetry Paper Publication Document

· Registered
36 Posts
Weird. I received a letter in the mail today dated 11/21 and it says v2.2 is available for me. It’s called active service action S10177. I don’t have a v2.5 nor do I see it in the vehicle. I may talk to my service center about it. Also, I never knew apple devices couldn’t wirelessly charge, thought it was strange my wife’s android charged but my iPhone didn’t…I just chalked it up to my case being too thick haha. View attachment 5283
My Apple iPhone 13 pro charges wireless on my C40.

· Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
1,129 Posts
What C40 trim/model and software version are you running?
I just dropped an order of the iPhone 14ProMax and it will get to me in 3 weeks or so. Anyone on?

• iPhone 14 ProMax
  • Volvo C40 2022 Ultimate P8 Recharge
  • OTA 2.3
  • Can this iPhone charge wireless?
  • Or do I need to go to 2.5 at the dealer
  • I’ll wait for a few weeks and see if 2.5 comes through OTA, if not, will go download and install at the dealer (likely)

· Registered
553 Posts
I just dropped an order of the iPhone 14ProMax and it will get to me in 3 weeks or so. Anyone on?

• iPhone 14 ProMax
  • Volvo C40 2022 Ultimate P8 Recharge
  • OTA 2.3
  • Can this iPhone charge wireless?
  • Or do I need to go to 2.5 at the dealer
  • I’ll wait for a few weeks and see if 2.5 comes through OTA, if not, will go download and install at the dealer (likely)
I have all the same and my phone charges just fine.

· Registered
208 Posts
I have an iPhone 12 Pro and all it does is heat up on the charging pad - it doesn't seem to actually charge. Is there some trick to positioning I'm missing out on?

(The car is on 2.3)
Works fine with my 12 Pro on 2.3, IOS 16.1 🤔

Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

· Registered
139 Posts
Still haven’t had an update since 2.2; I imagine there are dozens, DOZENS of us!
You can go to the dealer and ask for them to update your car... or wait until 2nd half of December to get it OTA. Both 2.3 and 2.4 were "in dealer only". 2.5 is currently available in dealers... and will be OTA week of Dec 18th. Depends on how impatient you are. :)

· Registered
208 Posts
Interior backlight intensity has been fine-tuned

Hope this means they fixed the buzzing when the backlight is dimmed…
It doesn't, sadly. I just got 2.5 installed (while swapping the triangual trim piece) and the buzzing is still there :(

· Registered
1,129 Posts
You can go to the dealer and ask for them to update your car... or wait until 2nd half of December to get it OTA. Both 2.3 and 2.4 were "in dealer only". 2.5 is currently available in dealers... and will be OTA week of Dec 18th. Depends on how impatient you are. :)
Just got an email today from Volvo that OTA2.5 is getting ready to be deployed. Can’t wait to get this installed and User Acceptance Test this experience. Also, gotta hook up my new iPhone 14 ProMax with OTA2.5, let’s hope it goes flawless. 😌✌

· Registered
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate Silver Dawn Metallic
25 Posts
Interior backlight intensity has been fine-tuned

Hope this means they fixed the buzzing when the backlight is dimmed…
The buzzing is still there, unfortunately. However, the interior light buttons that say "Off, Low, High" have now been reenabled when they were previously disabled in 2.4. Also, there seems to be less buzzing on "High" compared to "Low" interior light intensity.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Just got an email today from Volvo that OTA2.5 is getting ready to be deployed. Can’t wait to get this installed and User Acceptance Test this experience. Also, gotta hook up my new iPhone 14 ProMax with OTA2.5, let’s hope it goes flawless. 😌✌
OTA2.5 installed and tested. So far so good!🔥🔥✌✌

· Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone who had 2.2 installed received 2.5 over the air? I feel like I'm being penalized by having not had any problems with my car in the last several months, and no need for a dealer visit. Or maybe they're waiting on the OTA deliveries of 2.5 for those on 2.2, in order to ensure that full update is solid. shrug

· Registered
'21 XC40 recharge sage green, 22 C40 recharge fjord blue
8 Posts
Has anyone who had 2.2 installed received 2.5 over the air? I feel like I'm being penalized by having not had any problems with my car in the last several months, and no need for a dealer visit. Or maybe they're waiting on the OTA deliveries of 2.5 for those on 2.2, in order to ensure that full update is solid. shrug
Not sure what is going on. Just received 2.5 update on my '21 XC40. My wife's '22 C40 still says that 2.2 is current.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts