Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Usually I get the update 10-15 days after the software page / release notes have been updated.
Still nothing for v2.3 even though my driving habits haven't changed.
Did other owners from Europe get their update notification?

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your feedback. Makes sense since we saw that the release notes were updated a couple days ago. Mine will be at the workshop for the accelerator pedal recall early next month. I will see if I get the update there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We got it on 14th September. Even though we don't have any (major) issues, I wish, I hadn't updated. Since the update the OPD braking is much lighter. Especially when we take out cruise control it is more sailing then anything. But it is not exclusive to cruise control.

I get, that the new braking setting is easier for new users to learn. BUT why do owners have to learn OPD with every update new??? I am not even sure, if you xan call it OPD anymore.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
We got it on 14th September. Even though we don't have any (major) issues, I wish, I hadn't updated. Since the update the OPD braking is much lighter. Especially when we take out cruise control it is more sailing then anything. But it is not exclusive to cruise control.

I get, that the new braking setting is easier for new users to learn. BUT why do owners have to learn OPD with every update new??? I am not even sure, if you xan call it OPD anymore.
I am glad ota is pulled for now. If they made opd much less aggressive then I will probably skip the release.

Don’t want to have changes every ota … evaluate what people say about it then choose if you want to upgrade.

Upgrading to every release is not necessary. Some companies even give you a limited path. One is essentials only the other is essential and new stuff (apple releasing 15.7 and 16.

Not fair tor me to put any blame on the user but it’s 2022 and we have had many lessons showing that upgrading the instant software is available is sometimes a bad idea.

Good luck to those having problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am glad ota is pulled for now. If they made opd much less aggressive then I will probably skip the release.

Don’t want to have changes every ota … evaluate what people say about it then choose if you want to upgrade.

Upgrading to every release is not necessary. Some companies even give you a limited path. One is essentials only the other is essential and new stuff (apple releasing 15.7 and 16.

Not fair tor me to put any blame on the user but it’s 2022 and we have had many lessons showing that upgrading the instant software is available is sometimes a bad idea.

Good luck to those having problems.
All Volvo XC40 and C40 EV OTA updates are cummulative. If you skip one or two you will anyway get the updated software in a given future version. Source: Volvo Cars XC40 EV software update webpage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed no difference in OPD after upgrading from 2.2 to 2,3 and use OPD 99% of the time.
Same here -- and other than a slight, temporary change in a/c cooling the first day or two after the OTA install 2.5 weeks a go, I've had no problems with 2.3.
Same here. No changes to OPD other than when pausing ACC, the OPD does not kick in immediately. A change I really appreciate. Pre 2.3 the OPD would kick in instantly when pausing the ACC forcing me to find the sweet spot on the "gas" pedal to avoid this. Only bug I have seen is Google Maps not booting up correctly on the centre display. Still guides me, takes voice commands and the display in the cluster is fine. Long press (reset) fixes this whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Same here. No changes to OPD other than when pausing ACC, the OPD does not kick in immediately. A change I really appreciate. Pre 2.3 the OPD would kick in instantly when pausing the ACC forcing me to find the sweet spot on the "gas" pedal to avoid this. Only bug I have seen is Google Maps not booting up correctly on the centre display. Still guides me, takes voice commands and the display in the cluster is fine. Long press (reset) fixes this whatsoever.
Sigh changes. Hate the thought of the opd pausing before activating.

I wish they made every change an option. But volvo does not seem to like giving us options which honestly is a design choice. As much as I want a bazillion options do I really want to spend many hours flipping options on and off …when in the end the brain adjusts to changes.

And yes the above was a contradictory paragraph :)

Reactions: Ed_S
1 - 20 of 33 Posts