Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Once the honeymoon period with Carplay is over, same people will find something else to whine about and act like their life is ruined. My guess is that would be "WHY CAN'T I SEE APPLE MAPS IN DRIVER CONSOLE?? OMG!! VOLVO SUCKSSSSS! I CANNOT DRIVE MY CAR ANYMORE WITHOUT IT!!"
You forgot to include “in a $60,000 car!” In the complaint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You forgot to include “in a $60,000 car!” In the complaint.
well I wouldn't blame people complaining about having features missing. Locally, a p6 starts at 58800Euros ( 62000 dollars) while the p8 starts at a hefty 71000Euros (almost 75000dollars). We only get the highest trim for now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
well I wouldn't blame people complaining about having features missing. Locally, a p6 starts at 58800Euros ( 62000 dollars) while the p8 starts at a hefty 71000Euros (almost 75000dollars). We only get the highest trim for now.
yeah but everyone here knows what the car costs, can afford it, and it adds nothing to the conversation. Just sounds pretty Kareny to hear it attached to any complaint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yea and they knew what they were signing up for. If Carplay or whatever feature was so life critical to them, they should've purchased a car with it.
To be fair, I’m still waiting for my xc40 recharge and the signed spec sheets clearly state wireless CarPlay. I knew CarPlay was kissing when I signed papers months ago, but little did I presume that it will be wired.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To be fair, I’m still waiting for my xc40 recharge and the signed spec sheets clearly state wireless CarPlay. I knew CarPlay was kissing when I signed papers months ago, but little did I presume that it will be wired.
The spec sheet in force when I ordered last June - and the subsequent one - specified Wireless CarPlay by the end of 2021. So I obviously expected to get it. A couple months before picking it up in December was told 'early' 2022. Not sure late June/early July counts as early 2022, but oh well. Just happy to have it confirmed. Don't care about wired/wireless - except for the fact that the spec sheet clearly said wireless. Will just be happy that I can safely and legally control my iPhone to play music.

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
954 Posts
Yeah, it's not going great over in Polestar land.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Still showing on the US site…… for now.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
496 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Which US site? As far as I know, v2.2 hasn't been announced to the US yet. The car notes show that v2.1 is the latest. Links for the US are:
Although, I prefer to use the Canadian support site.

EDIT: sorry, I guess you may have been referring to the US Polestar site: Pure progressive performance | Polestar
This site is the one that I usually check.

Strange that there is another US site for the XC40 showing 2.1 only. Maybe the site you posted show the current version and the one I posted current and upcoming? 🤷🏽

·
Registered
175 Posts
This site is the one that I usually check.

Strange that there is another US site for the XC40 showing 2.1 only. Maybe the site you posted show the current version and the one I posted current and upcoming? 🤷🏽
That Volvo web site you shared is UK.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That Volvo web site you shared is UK.
Strange it redirects me to the UK site.
I went to my car and when I click on the updates it’s showing the latest as 2.1.

41 - 60 of 334 Posts