·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
857 Posts
Austria too.

Well, obviously it's extremely important that you guys know this, since Iceland is one of your neighbouring countries :ROFLMAO:
LOL yes, I imagine Iceland and Australia are about as far apart as you can get on the globe (more or less)…but we do like to know what’s going on there…I have a friend from the Melbourne Australia Volvo circle who moved to Iceland about 10 years ago so there is a connection! ;)

Reactions: houkura

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
147 Posts
There seems to be some confusion, indeed. Maybe that's one of the reasons why not all pages worldwide are updated.
Volvo / Polestar used to update at the same pace for the latest versions.
Switzerland still on 2.1 this morning.

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
983 Posts
I hate to think that "introduction to CarPlay" does not necessarily mean a functional one ?
And if it's truly CarPlay, i'm assuming its not bluetooth....

Either way.....it's ALLLL GREAT !!! Continuous improvement !!!

Font Circle Number Terrestrial plant Document

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge | Glacier Silver
25 Posts
I hate to think that "introduction to CarPlay" does not necessarily mean a functional one ?
And if it's truly CarPlay, i'm assuming its not bluetooth....

Either way.....it's ALLLL GREAT !!! Continuous improvement !!!

View attachment 3995
Chris Dauerer from Volvo NA who posts here occasionally stated that it wouldn't be wireless CarPlay. T

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge Bursting Blue
6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Can’t wait for Apple CarPlay. I hate the ridiculous instructions I sometimes get from Google Maps in my XC40.
I'd like to request that once 2.2 arrives that all CarPlay discussions, complaints and inevitable whining are kept to threads with CarPlay in the title. That way I can totally ignore it all. :p

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Once the honeymoon period with Carplay is over, same people will find something else to whine about and act like their life is ruined. My guess is that would be "WHY CAN'T I SEE APPLE MAPS IN DRIVER CONSOLE?? OMG!! VOLVO SUCKSSSSS! I CANNOT DRIVE MY CAR ANYMORE WITHOUT IT!!"
Well they’re not wrong aren’t they? Cars like the Nissan can do it and they run AAOS.

Common sense says that they will enable wireless CarPlay in the future and then concentrate on driver console integration.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well they’re not wrong aren’t they? Cars like the Nissan can do it and they run AAOS.

Common sense says that they will enable wireless CarPlay in the future and then concentrate on driver console integration.
The issue for me is that CarPlay will allow me to play music from my phone without fiddling with it while I am driving. It is an issue of safety as well as legality (at least here in the UK).

21 - 40 of 138 Posts