Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I already downloaded, did not install, and now the download disappeared

Votes: 1 2.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the OTA screen today, apparently the car downloaded it already. I think I will wait a little bit till more success stpries like yours trickle out :) However I'm curious to know how all the owners feel about the update, and how risk adverse people.are to getting bugs.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Want it a lot (the efficiency and battery pre conditioning ) but my car has worked perfectly since I got it in May and I do not want new bugs so … giving it a week to get a feel for the distribution of bugs.
Thankyou got all those getting it early.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Happy to have SiriusXM. Annoyed they started my free year in April 2021. Not worth calling and arguing with them. I wonder if updates to the app will come from the App Store or Volvo OTA....?

Range app is nice, if for nothing else, a rough estimate of range.

Driver assist seems snappier to start.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dealer installed it last week. So far, so good. I like the fact that the pilot assist control is back on the steering wheel. However, there is no ACC control - only pilot assist.
Might you have that reversed? For me the adaptive cruise control is on the left up/down and center buttons and seems to work as always for speed control. The left and right buttons have no effect.

·
Registered
2021 P8
52 Posts
Happy to have SiriusXM. Annoyed they started my free year in April 2021. Not worth calling and arguing with them. I wonder if updates to the app will come from the App Store or Volvo OTA....?

Range app is nice, if for nothing else, a rough estimate of range.

Driver assist seems snappier to start.
Shoot your dealer an email. I chatted with SXM about the effective date and they told me to just have the dealer change it in the system to get the full free trial period. My dealer is on it this morning when he gets into the office....

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Shoot your dealer an email. I chatted with SXM about the effective date and they told me to just have the dealer change it in the system to get the full free trial period. My dealer is on it this morning when he gets into the office....
Wow your dealer gets back to you on things! Mine never did even when it meant then getting the sale ….

You have a good dealer :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The plot thickens: my car auto downloaded the update. I did not hit install because my life is nuts right now, and the last thing I need is the Smart Car to start acting Dumb.

Well, my Spotify/speaker/blinker issues resurfaced yesterday. I'm fairly certain this is related to the IHU cache being full. So I attempted to reset IHU, couldn't sort that out and then just went and deleted the cache for all the various apps.

Which apparentlyd deleted the download. "No problem!" you say, "The car has a giant button tgat says check for updates!"

Well that button does not work, because my car is decidedly NOT sporting the new 1.7 features (ans software version #s prove so) yet the car is convinced that it is up to date. Says there are no updates.

So I've got a Dumb Car now anyway and have to take it to the dealer anyway 😂😭💩

·
Registered
114 Posts
The plot thickens: my car auto downloaded the update. I did not hit install because my life is nuts right now, and the last thing I need is the Smart Car to start acting Dumb.

Well, my Spotify/speaker/blinker issues resurfaced yesterday. I'm fairly certain this is related to the IHU cache being full. So I attempted to reset IHU, couldn't sort that out and then just went and deleted the cache for all the various apps.

Which apparentlyd deleted the download. "No problem!" you say, "The car has a giant button tgat says check for updates!"

Well that button does not work, because my car is decidedly NOT sporting the new 1.7 features (ans software version #s prove so) yet the car is convinced that it is up to date. Says there are no updates.

So I've got a Dumb Car now anyway and have to take it to the dealer anyway 😂😭💩
Got mine installed by the dealer today when I was in getting winter tires put on. Everything seems fine for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts