Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
So now the contest starts to see who actually gets the download first. I've heard mashing the "check for software update" button frequently will help.;)
I also got the email at 1:01 pacific time here in San Diego. Went right out to the car and checked for update and of course nothing... I will keep mashing the check update though :)

I texted customer service in the Volvo app and couldn't get any clarity on when or how to expedite the download. Sounds like you just need to drive around and cross your fingers for the notification to pop up. Why can't this work like a normal software update where you actually get to decide when it downloads?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the e-mail, rushed to garage to see what the car said, and like others, no update yet. Interestingly though, if I go to Software Update and check and it says no update available, the release notes do list the details for 1.7! So they gave us the release notes but not the update yet?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Onyx, 01/21, v1.7
48 Posts
Got the e-mail, rushed to garage to see what the car said, and like others, no update yet. Interestingly though, if I go to Software Update and check and it says no update available, the release notes do list the details for 1.7! So they gave us the release notes but not the update yet?
Yeah the release notes seems to just be a link to a web page unrelated to the version you currently have.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
Also got the email at 4:10 PM EDT. I will download when out and about next, but will not install it until later when I'm more comfortable with the version.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
43 Posts
A Real OTA with a major upgrade. Looks like Volvo is getting it done!!
Recharge at dealer for 3 days to fix dead car. Told it was a software upload/install glitch related to keys (questionable at best). Got car home to find out no WiFi connectivity, no LTE/GPS, no iHeart, no Spotify, no Google maps. Emailed dealer service manager in AM, no follow-up going into a weekend. More data chargers to our cellphone provider for navigation usage. Time to contact Volvo North America customer service.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Recharge at dealer for 3 days to fix dead car. Told it was a software upload/install glitch related to keys (questionable at best). Got car home to find out no WiFi connectivity, no LTE/GPS, no iHeart, no Spotify, no Google maps. Emailed dealer service manager in AM, no follow-up going into a weekend. More data chargers to our cellphone provider for navigation usage. Time to contact Volvo North America customer service.
Sorry your having so much trouble. All the things hugs re talking about can be causes by one problem resulting in your communication module being down.

A Reboot can sometimes fix this. Also a deep sleep reset can/might.

It might work in the morning. It also might work if you reboot it now.

Good luck let us know.

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
43 Posts
Sorry your having so much trouble. All the things hugs re talking about can be causes by one problem resulting in your communication module being down.

A Reboot can sometimes fix this. Also a deep sleep reset can/might.

It might work in the morning. It also might work if you reboot it now.

Good luck let us know.
Sleeping now. Rebooted earlier today with no success. Tomorrow TBD. 🙏

1 - 20 of 42 Posts