Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For more than a century, fans have set out for distant diamonds in gasoline-powered conveyances. But increasingly, it occurred to us, people will rely on battery power. So when we put the call into Volvo asking to borrow its new XC40 Recharge BEV, we explained the concept behind this trip – might we prove that the newfangled electric machines were compatible with traveling substantial distances and the summer baseball holiday generally? Or would we wind up treating the Recharge, no matter how fast, comfortable or appealing, like a Pittsburgh Pirates reliever who’s blown yet another commanding lead in a tragi-comedic 6th inning, and give it the trapdoor treatment before our 1,200 mile outing was complete? The Recharge arrived at our doorstep days later and, spoiler alert, we’re happy to say it closed out the game successfully.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had my xc40 for about a month now and have taken multiple 200+ mile road trips with is so far (have over 2,100 miles on it). I love the car! I have DC fast charged at several Charge point and Electrify America stations and haven't had any issues until this weekend. I live in central Ohio and was stopping at the EA station at the Walmart in Hillard and ran into 3 chargers not working. Ended up calling EA and they rebooted the chargers and everything worked fine after that.

It's obviously not a perfect experience every time charging yet, but for the most part it's been pain free. It just stinks that the one time it doesn't work I had my brother with me and was showing him how awesome EVs are since he's been thinking of getting one. The experience soured his opinion on them a little.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fact that you had to call them to reboot the chargers is a huge problem. How is that not automated?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Have done a 1200+ mile road trip and it was was almost as easy as in an ice and a lot more fun. Not sure if I would of wanted to do the 12,000 mile road trip we did a few years ago in our ice Volvo as there were a couple of long stretches for gas … and I think not all states or routes are equally charge supported. But a relatively main stream 1200 mile trip is easy.

Reactions: mike1234
1 - 4 of 4 Posts