• 1 Post By Watson58
  • 1 Post By Watson58
  • 1 Post By mikemiddle0105
  • 1 Post By reginaldvs
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Purchase Money Factor

Hello All!
I am eager to get myself into an XC 40 and I have been digging around with price and lease factors
For a compact SUV, there are not really great rebates/incentives for this little fella.
I contacted my dealership and they told me that the Money Factor is set by the bank and they do not mark up their money factor... however, on Edmunds someone gave me a different MF than that of the dealership. Anyone have any insight on this?

thanks!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!

It seems that Volvo dealers won't budge, like in the example below I came across while comparing deals.

The only real solution so far seems to be learning what you can from Leasehackr reports and using that during negotiations.

At least you'll know what dealers can work with.

Some people suggest using a broker but I never ventured that far with a lease. In this case it might be required.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVolved View Post
Welcome to the forum!

It seems that Volvo dealers won't budge, like in the example below I came across while comparing deals.

The only real solution so far seems to be learning what you can from Leasehackr reports and using that during negotiations.

Some people suggest using a broker but I never ventured that far with a lease. In this case it might be required.
WOW! That's expensive. For about the same price, have you considered Care by Volvo. It includes insurance, all maintenance with wear and tear item and instead of 12000 its 15000 miles a year. You can get another car after one or two years. I am a very happy Care by Volvo customer, see:

https://www.volvocars.com/us/shoppin.../care-by-volvo
mikemiddle0105 likes this.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVolved View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Dang that's expensive indeed! Depending on how much you're paying for your insurance, CbV might be cheaper. I logged in to my CbV liberty mutual account and the monthly payment on that (which is included in CbV) is $320. So the lease payment is essentially $580/mo
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaldvs View Post
Dang that's expensive indeed! Depending on how much you're paying for your insurance, CbV might be cheaper. I logged in to my CbV liberty mutual account and the monthly payment on that (which is included in CbV) is $320. So the lease payment is essentially $580/mo
Then we have maintenance, wipers, brakes, and I have already made used of two tires which were damaged on the wall side due to some construction debris on the Van Wyck Expressway. If I didn't have CbV I would have been in the red already. It is definitely a contender for people wanting to lease (I think it beats it) and what a pleasure not having to worry about anything.
reginaldvs likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 09:01 AM

CBV is awesome!
Watson58 likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson58 View Post
Then we have maintenance, wipers, brakes, and I have already made used of two tires which were damaged on the wall side due to some construction debris on the Van Wyck Expressway. If I didn't have CbV I would have been in the red already. It is definitely a contender for people wanting to lease (I think it beats it) and what a pleasure not having to worry about anything.
The people who first signed up to Cbv hit the jackpot. It was starting at $600!

Still definitely worth it at its current price.
Watson58 likes this.