Pulled the trigger - Volvo XC40 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Pulled the trigger

Hi all, first post here. So I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a white, XC40 R-Design. Based on what I've been reading so far, I know and expect that there will be hiccups along the way. I will update this post as I go through the CbV process, and I will try to help others who are on the fence/thinking about this program.

Order history:

- 03/23/2019 | Order placed
- 03/25/2019 | Recieved a welcome email from my concierge, Shana.

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:20 AM

Welcome reginaldvs and congrats on selecting your R Design. Were you given any sort of ETA on when the expected delivery would be? I would imagine that Volvo is still working through a backlog of orders. New to Volvo or returning?
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
Welcome reginaldvs and congrats on selecting your R Design. Were you given any sort of ETA on when the expected delivery would be? I would imagine that Volvo is still working through a backlog of orders. New to Volvo or returning?
No ETA was given, and when I look at the app, the 2nd step "Order Confirmation Email" is still greyed out. I actually don't need the car until about Aug/Sept so I don't mind the long wait time, but the anticipation of driving this car though.. I just want to drive it haha. Also this will be first Volvo so I'm even more excited!
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Order update:

- 03/27/2019 | Got my VIN and applied for insurance

So far this is going way faster than i thought it would be. Also I reside in Southern California so I don't know if that makes a difference.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 10:20 AM

I expect things have gotten smoother. When I first applied in June, 2018, the program had not yet been approved by my state (New York). That didn't happen until several months later. It was also the first CbV order my dealer had seen, so they were unfamiliar with the process. I applied for insurance when suggested and was approved, but the approval was only good for 30 days, well before the car was ready for delivery, so I had to apply for insurance a 2nd time.

These early problems have been addressed, so I expect the main problem now is how well Volvo can keep up with demand.

From my perspective, the car has been totally worth the wait.

--Alan
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colea View Post
I expect things have gotten smoother. When I first applied in June, 2018, the program had not yet been approved by my state (New York). That didn't happen until several months later. It was also the first CbV order my dealer had seen, so they were unfamiliar with the process. I applied for insurance when suggested and was approved, but the approval was only good for 30 days, well before the car was ready for delivery, so I had to apply for insurance a 2nd time.

These early problems have been addressed, so I expect the main problem now is how well Volvo can keep up with demand.

From my perspective, the car has been totally worth the wait.

--Alan
This is good to know, thanks for the heads up!

The price that CbV offers is also worth the wait as well. I test drove the T4 R-Design on the dealership a few weeks ago and I was already in love with it. I cant' imagine the T5. I could've just went the regular lease route but I think just the 15k miles as well as the ability to switch to a newer Volvo every year is worth it.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:45 AM

Volvo can always depend on companies like Magna for increased production if need be. As for store fronts, I bet they can setup pop-up style shops in areas that need it. Not easy to setup dealerships and they are not always needed.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:23 AM
ayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaldvs View Post
Order update:

So far this is going way faster than i thought it would be. Also I reside in Southern California so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Wow that's crazy fast! Took me 6 weeks from ordering to getting VIN and insurance application. I wonder if someone in SoCal cancelled their Care by Volvo order with the same config and bumped you up the queue.
Jezza likes this.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn View Post
Quote:
Order update:

Wow that's crazy fast! Took me 6 weeks from ordering to getting VIN and insurance application. I wonder if someone in SoCal cancelled their Care by Volvo order with the same config and bumped you up the queue.
Maybe? It's a little confusing though cos when I look at the app, it's stuck at "Deposit Paid"

Did you get your car yet?
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:16 PM
ayn

Quote:
Maybe? It's a little confusing though cos when I look at the app, it's stuck at "Deposit Paid"

Did you get your car yet?
Not yet, I think I am at the final step, I filled out the credit application and got approved Monday. Shana said it's up to the dealer now and it might take a week. But I talked to my local dealership and he said the car was "on hold", and estimate delivery date was end of May. That's like 6 weeks later than what I was told a week ago by CbV. I emailed concierge about it but probably won't hear back til tomorrow (east coast). Is there a way to track the VIN without asking a dealer? When I bought other brands I could track the vessel and what not, and their sites showed more information about status and such.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page