Pulled the trigger - Page 4 - Volvo XC40 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn View Post
I got insurance setup and app installed and even printed out the ID cards. Just need the dealership to deliver the car now, hopefully car got there yesterday and will be ready for pickup Monday afternoon. But it will definitely be this coming week. Not paying for a car for 2 weeks is pretty nice though lol, so Iím not super stressed about getting it right away.

Now, post some photos of your car please!

Haha, I was going to do some car photography stuff first but I guess I can post a simple image

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 PM
ayn

Oh nice you got them to not install front plate in CA?
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh nice you got them to not install front plate in CA?

Yep, I mean it's only a temporary license plate anyways but i still plan on not putting the front plates. My current car doesn't have one haha.

Also I forgot to mention, make sure you get the Polishing Cloth (I didn't get mine). I've seen YouTube reviews that says it comes with the cloth. Oh and my XC40 didn't come with the rubber Swedish flag outside. I think it's a limited edition thing.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:20 AM

My biggest problem with front plates is the mounting hardware. I won't mind using a vinyl based license plate that can stick onto the front end.

Seen some supercars like that but apparently its still illegal and cops will bother you.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:13 PM
ayn

The front plate mount on my last car (2016 Audi S3) was easily removable, no drilling, so I removed it and installed a tow hook mount with quick release. I normally didnít have front plate, and only put it on when I parked on the street. It worked okay but was slightly annoying to do all that. They do give tickets for not having front plates here, and itís like $160 or something ridiculous. The S3 just looks so bad with one.

With the XC40 I might just leave it on, especially if holes are drilled into the bumper. Iíll get a license plate frames to replace the dealer ones.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The front plate mount on my last car (2016 Audi S3) was easily removable, no drilling, so I removed it and installed a tow hook mount with quick release. I normally didnít have front plate, and only put it on when I parked on the street. It worked okay but was slightly annoying to do all that. They do give tickets for not having front plates here, and itís like $160 or something ridiculous. The S3 just looks so bad with one.

With the XC40 I might just leave it on, especially if holes are drilled into the bumper. Iíll get a license plate frames to replace the dealer ones.
I normally don't park on the street so cops haven't bothered me with it yet, but I'll probably install the license plate mount once I get my real license plate. BTW, there's no holes for the front license plate mount, but you can tell where to drill/mount it though (there's a couple of recessed spots).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page