Pulled the trigger - Page 3 - Volvo XC40 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:58 PM
ayn

I tried that before and could never find my VIN. My car got to the port last Wed as well, I guess our cars were on the same vessel.

Last edited by ayn; 04-29-2019 at 06:00 PM.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Actually it still works, and unfortunately I can't edit that post but here's a thread from Swedespeed that I found with a guide

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth.../topics/523529
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:42 PM
ayn

Ya I've seen that too but it didn't work for me. Doesn't matter now coz our cars are already in CA. Shana just told me my car arrived at my dealership today, so I guess tomorrow or Fri will be it.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:44 PM

I hope you guys plan to inspect your XC40's very well prior to driving off the dealer lot with them.

There's always the potential for new cars to have bodywork issues that happen during shipping.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn View Post
Ya I've seen that too but it didn't work for me. Doesn't matter now coz our cars are already in CA. Shana just told me my car arrived at my dealership today, so I guess tomorrow or Fri will be it.
You know, I'm actually disappointed she didn't tell me it arrived. The dealership just called me a few minutes ago letting me know it arrived. I'll definitely check the car to make sure nothing's off. Maybe take photos as well.
ayn likes this.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE:

Again, very disappointed. The car is with the dealership and I don't think I'll get it by Saturday or Sunday if what Shana said is true. Per her words:

"The dealer is supposed to discuss a delivery date with you and reach out to us to confirm the delivery. Once an appointment has been scheduled, we will be bale to send out a request for your insurance to be bound and create the contracts. Please note, that the contracts are usually created within 72 hours of confirming the delivery appointment."
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE 2:

I'll sign the paperwork tomorrow after work and hopefully nothing else goes wrong!

TIP: If your dealer has your car, and they contacted you, make sure you connect the dealership and your concierge so they're in sync otherwise the dealership will most likely contact a different CbV concierge and they might not know all the details of your orders (that's what just happened to me). What you can do is CC your point of contact at the dealership to your current/ongoing email thread with your concierge.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:08 PM
ayn

Yup, it's not very well coordinated between CbV and the dealership. Even tho I was told my car arrived yesterday, I didn't get a call so I called them this morning. Was told the car was actually still in transit and the whole insurance bounding thing so earliest would be Monday. I told them Monday late afternoon would work, so the sales manager reached out to Shana to start the insurance bounding process. I emailed Shana again and she said the car was actually there, I have no idea who is right lol, but pretty sure earliest I can get the car is Monday, which kindda sucks coz I actually need a car this weekend, so I had to reserved a Getaround (again).
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn View Post
Yup, it's not very well coordinated between CbV and the dealership. Even tho I was told my car arrived yesterday, I didn't get a call so I called them this morning. Was told the car was actually still in transit and the whole insurance bounding thing so earliest would be Monday. I told them Monday late afternoon would work, so the sales manager reached out to Shana to start the insurance bounding process. I emailed Shana again and she said the car was actually there, I have no idea who is right lol, but pretty sure earliest I can get the car is Monday, which kindda sucks coz I actually need a car this weekend, so I had to reserved a Getaround (again).
That sucks to hear man. I did get mine today and I tell you it's definitely worth the hassle and wait! I really wish they could've done a better job with coordinating things with the dealerships and I can see why the dealerships are annoyed with CbV.. I got lucky that the person who helped me had done this before, and really helped me out. I also think getting approved for the insurance and credit really early on helped as well.. If my dealer believed the other concierge that my paperwork isn't ready, then I would've probably waited another week.. But yeah once Liberty Mutual sends you a link to create an online account, everything will be smooth. I barely signed paperwork at the dealership, really mostly just DMV stuff. Anyways, good luck man! Things will work out!

Last edited by reginaldvs; 05-04-2019 at 01:52 AM.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 02:22 PM
ayn

I got insurance setup and app installed and even printed out the ID cards. Just need the dealership to deliver the car now, hopefully car got there yesterday and will be ready for pickup Monday afternoon. But it will definitely be this coming week. Not paying for a car for 2 weeks is pretty nice though lol, so Iím not super stressed about getting it right away.

Now, post some photos of your car please!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page