Volvo XC40 Real MPG Figures - Page 2 - Volvo XC40 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:48 PM

Volvo XC40 Real MPG Figures

Knarr here,
I just hit 2,000 miles and MPG is improving compared to the early days. Now I'm stoked! City-23 to 25 mpg in comfort mode, mid range fuel. Highway driving is 30 to 32 mpg in comfort mode and maintaining 65 to 70 mph on average. Always trying to drive with A/C off. The average between city and highway is looking like 27.8!
It was tough in the beginning but take heart, things will improve.
But as always, your mileage may vary based on driving style and road characteristics!
eVolved likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarr View Post
Knarr here,
I just hit 2,000 miles and MPG is improving compared to the early days. Now I'm stoked! City-23 to 25 mpg in comfort mode, mid range fuel. Highway driving is 30 to 32 mpg in comfort mode and maintaining 65 to 70 mph on average. Always trying to drive with A/C off. The average between city and highway is looking like 27.8!
It was tough in the beginning but take heart, things will improve.
But as always, your mileage may vary based on driving style and road characteristics!
Still not bad considering about 5 years ago regular commuter cars like Civic's and Corolla's would struggle to get those numbers.
Now mid-to-high 30's are what everyone is hope to get in their next car. A lot of us are coming from cars that even under the best practices won't come close to todays efficiency.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 AM

Most of my approximately 4000 miles have been on the highway and I tend to average 30/31MPG by the time I have to refill the tank (premium gas). Straight highway driving gets me in the 34/35 MPG range. I drive mostly in comfort mode and haven't noticed significant additional MPGs in Eco mode. I usually just set CC and pilot assist at the limit and let the car do the driving.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Most of my approximately 4000 miles have been on the highway and I tend to average 30/31MPG by the time I have to refill the tank (premium gas). Straight highway driving gets me in the 34/35 MPG range. I drive mostly in comfort mode and haven't noticed significant additional MPGs in Eco mode. I usually just set CC and pilot assist at the limit and let the car do the driving.
I haven't looked into why the average MPG reported for over 35 individual XC40's is only at 23.7 MPG's but you sure are within the most ideal range.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page