T4 vs t5 - Volvo XC40 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

T4 vs t5

While I won't be ordering my XC40 for another few months (when the lease on my wife's Jaguar expires), I've been checking them out at the nearest Volvo dealer. Today I test drove the XC40 for the first time. It was a Momentum T4. I really liked the comfort, handling and looks, but the T4 engine really sounded buzzy and didn't have the response that I'm used to with my VW TDI or with the Jaguar TDI. ****, I wish Volvo would import a good TDI here, but no such luck.

Anyway, the dealer just received a Momentum T5 but it hasn't been prepped yet and won't be ready to test drive until next week. Hopefully the T5 will meet my expectations because I certainly like everything else about the car.

Stan
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 01:30 PM

You're looking at a 60hp jump as you step to the T5, and 250 should be more than enough in a crossover of this size. Be sure to less us know what you're impressions are after getting some time behind the wheel.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Ya, my guess is that 250 will be fine. My VW (with a Malone tune) in only 179 HP and the Jaguar is 180 hp and both have plenty of power, but it might be their torque that's so impressive. But the 248 ft tq should be fine on the T5.